Silly Happenings and Mistakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw something falling off the pocket of a buddy pair in front of me on the top of the wreck we were diving. I saw a tiny silt cloud at the point of impact with the wreck.

When I looked I saw a hole in a the wreck and though whatever felt, it must have felt down that hole.

Looked up and the diver who lost something was 3-5 meters up hanging on the line.

Back on the boat I asked her if she lost something and she jokingly said that I must have dreamed it because she lost nothing.

At the end of the trip, three days of diving, she couldn’t find one of her integrated weight pockets … then said that it was probably why her buoyancy was so much better …

We also realised that she made a hole in the top of the wreck, hence the silt cloud at the point of impact 😂

Quite a few things....

Done a couple warhammers, one during a night dive so it was easy to hide.

Been in such a rush getting students ready that I jump in with sunglasses instead of a mask, flip flops instead of fins...

And one time my pony bottle was due for a VIP so I had to empty it. Best way I saw to do that was to throw on a weight belt and go diving on a shallow reef with just a 40 cu ft in my arms.

Done a couple warhammers, one during a night dive so it was easy to hide.
For future reference, unless you are caught in the act, you can blame it on the sea turtles. I volunteer at an aquarium and have had to vacuum the sea turtle habitats before. Very similar in size and shape. Now, I don't think this would work if you've eaten corn recently.

For future reference, unless you are caught in the act, you can blame it on the sea turtles. I volunteer at an aquarium and have had to vacuum the sea turtle habitats before. Very similar in size and shape. Now, I don't think this would work if you've eaten corn recently.
I just like to do it when no one is looking and then point it out as a rare free swimming sea cucumber!

Back when I was taking some rebreather training and just needed hours in the water on my unit before the next class we did a lot of winter quarry diving. One weekend after driving 3 hours south to get to an open quarry, I discovered that I had left my drysuit boots at home. I went to the on-site dive shop and bought a pair of wetsuit boots, put them on and went diving. Going down a wall at about 40 feet my right boot blew off and took my fin with it. My bubby grabbed my fin (with boot still inside) and I held on to some rocks on the wall while my buddy helped me get re-kitted. I finished that dive vertical so as to keep the air in my drysuit (very minimal as I use my bcd for bouyancy) frm popping that boot off again. The fix was a figure 8 of duct tape around the boots and my ankles. Did probably another 20 hours in the water over the weekend with no additional problems. Still might be the funniest thing I have experienced underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom