Signature 2nd Stage whistling sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeb

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought two D6 Signature second stages to go with two D6 first stages I already had. They work great and breath amazing, but one of them is making a metallic whistling sound when inhaling underwater (not on land).

I played with the adjustment and the pre-dive switch while breathing underwater but it didn't affect it, it kept making the noise. Depth didn't seem to affect it, as it was doing it at all depths from 0 - 100'.

Do you have any ideas what could be causing it or what I should do?

Thanks

Give D6G a call, or drop an email. That’s one of the great things about them, and one of the reasons I’ll buy from them again.

Erik

I tried calling and through their website message page but haven't heard anything back yet. I just thought I would ask on here.

I agree their customer service is great! (Before I bought the regs Landon spoke to me on the phone for almost an hour telling me about the regs and their company. He was really helpful).

It’s more likely the first stage
What on the first stage would cause the 2nd stage to whistle? I have used a different second stage on the first stage without the same issue.

I recently bought two D6 Signature second stages to go with two D6 first stages I already had. They work great and breath amazing, but one of them is making a metallic whistling sound when inhaling underwater (not on land).

I played with the adjustment and the pre-dive switch while breathing underwater but it didn't affect it, it kept making the noise. Depth didn't seem to affect it, as it was doing it at all depths from 0 - 100'.

Do you have any ideas what could be causing it or what I should do?

Thanks
@LandonL

Give me a call, we will get it sorted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom