Sidemount does pay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcwalsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Decided to do some practice in our lake today. Visibility is terrible in the summer and it rained last night. The kids said I should dive by the pier diving board because everyone loses their Apple watches when they hit the water. I did 2 15 minute dives at 17'. Scanning the bottom let me focus on buoyancy and parallel tracking. Final tally was 3 masks, 20+ goggles, several toys and (4) Series 5 Apple watches. The kids think there are no less than 10 in this 300 sq/ft area. A metal detector would be worthless due to the number of beer cans teens have thrown in over the last 50 years.
PXL_20230618_225131260.jpg

Are they worth much?
$100-300 each, depending on options and if they even work. Based on how badly the bands were discolored they have been there since last summer. But, this is a small community and I might be able to find the owners. If not, I expect the kids will keep them. So I guess the dive actually cost me.

Later yesterday I was told that a friend lost a diamond pendant there 2 years ago so im looking forward to another dive next week.

Amazing!

How do Apple Watches suddenly fall off people's wrists?

Amazing!

How do Apple Watches suddenly fall off people's wrists?
The diving board is about 5' above the water. A good jump will get a kid 10+ feet above the water and the watch clasp is not designed for that kind of impact. Every watch I found had the stock Apple bands, just the clasp was undone. A good reason to change your kids bands to a more traditional system.

The diving board is about 5' above the water. A good jump will get a kid 10+ feet above the water and the watch clasp is not designed for that kind of impact. Every watch I found had the stock Apple bands, just the clasp was undone. A good reason to change your kids bands to a more traditional system.
That explains it.

Guess who misunderstood "diving board"!

$100-300 each, depending on options and if they even work. Based on how badly the bands were discolored they have been there since last summer. But, this is a small community and I might be able to find the owners. If not, I expect the kids will keep them. So I guess the dive actually cost me.

Later yesterday I was told that a friend lost a diamond pendant there 2 years ago so im looking forward to another dive next week.

I used to do metal detecting and found lots of jewelry. Best beaches to find jewelry were where Italians and Puerto Ricans swim. They jump into the water with their gold chains and rings and lose them when swimming.

Went back today and found another 5 and a SE. Out of the 6 found (1) series 3, (3) series 5, (2) series SE, only 3 have life (1) 5 & (2) SE.

All 4 yesterday had white bands which were much easier to see in the mud. It took twice the time to find the 2 black ones today.

The lifeguard said the average is 1 lost per week. I still have not found the series 8 my son lost 2 weeks ago. I will wait a few weeks and try again.
PXL_20230619_234143680.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom