Sidemount Diving Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the interest! I will have a link set up in the next few days for pre-orders. Just in the final steps of finalizing the printing and I want to have a delivery date set before I start collecting payments.

As for how comprehensive this book is...it does explain how to choose a rig, how to set it up and why, various methods of setting up rigs and why, and on and on. This is my sidemount course and then some. The only thing missing is having a qualified mentor or instructor available to assist you in the transition, which I still do recommend. You can set up all your own gear but you still need another set of eyes to see what it all looks like in the water so adjustments can be made. One thing we have been missing in sidemount is a good instructional manual. I wrote this book with the intention of filling that void.

I would like a copy too!

Perhaps I can ask a fast question because I can not wait to buy my own gear for sidemount:
I´am about to buy my first tanks, but I am unsure what kind I should choose for cold water diving in dry suit? Aluminium or steel?

Last edited:
The answer to that is , it depends. For me, steels. Less buoyancy swing, better trim, better value, and longer life depending on where you are. I like lp steels as they tend to be cheaper and easier to get good fills.

The answer to that is , it depends. For me, steels. Less buoyancy swing, better trim, better value, and longer life depending on where you are. I like lp steels as they tend to be cheaper and easier to get good fills.

Jim, is there a specific size LP steel tank that is better suited for sidemount diving, or is that up to you depending on the dive you're doing?

I am in for a copy. Looking forward to read this one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Rob, I would love a copy too - can you supply to the UK?

Best - Phil.

Back
Top Bottom