Sidemount Diving Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Sidemount Diving Book | An Almost Comprehensive Guide

The Sidemount Diving book is the first almost comprehensive guide to sidemount diving and all that is involved. This book covers various configurations, sidemount systems, how to choose what works best for you, the skills necessary to learn and sidemount, and much, much more. Over 120 pages of information including instructions on popular methods and modifications along with photos.

Looking forward to reading it.

When's it going to be for sale? Kindle as well I hope.

Sidemount Diving Book | An Almost Comprehensive Guide

The Sidemount Diving book is the first almost comprehensive guide to sidemount diving and all that is involved. This book covers various configurations, sidemount systems, how to choose what works best for you, the skills necessary to learn and sidemount, and much, much more. Over 120 pages of information including instructions on popular methods and modifications along with photos.

Very interesting Rob. This is boring to most, but wonder if you grasped any of the history of sidemounting. Lost in the history are modifications and techniques that are superior to what is being offered now. Now we are being given what manufacturers offer, which are frequently whole sale copies of each other, with tweeks, but no real innovation. I would love to see some revival of many of the lost things in people's hands, which would allow for innovation and expansion. Thanks for sharing, I know you've put some hard work into it because I have read your articles in UWS.

The book will be available soon. I'm taking pre-orders now. I hope to have copies ready to ship next week. There will be a kindle version but it will be well worth getting a hardcopy for your library due to the photos. The ebook version will have the photos but the hardcopy is a 6"x9" book in full color.

Thanks Kelly! Yes, I do touch on the history of sidemount. It doesn't play a large role in the book but some of the historical rigs are mentioned included some photos. Here is the table of contents for the book:

CONTENTS
Preface i
1 Why Sidemount? Pg 1
2 Choosing a Sidemount Rig Pg 7
3 Choosing Your Cylinders and Setting Them Up Pg 15
4 Customizing Your Sidemount Rig For You Pg 37
5 Trimming Out in Sidemount Pg 53
6 Basic Skills in Sidemount Pg 67
7 Sidemount, Stage, and Decompression Cylinder Skills Pg 75
8 Sidemount Accessories Pg 87
9 Sidemount and Rebreathers Pg 94
10 Advanced Cave Sidemount And No Mount Pg 98
11 Sidemount and Cave Conservation Pg 104
12 Sidemount and Boat Diving Pg 108
13 Monkey Diving Pg 114
14 History of Sidemount Diving Pg 118
15 Building Your Own Sidemount Rig Pg 122
In Summary Pg 127
Photo credits Pg 130

I'm in too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kelly! Yes, I do touch on the history of sidemount. It doesn't play a large role in the book but some of the historical rigs are mentioned included some photos. Here is the table of contents for the book:

Very cool. That is part of our evolution that is going to be lost with these pioneers aging.

Back
Top Bottom