Side Mount Bicker Battle...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then stop ruining their reputation that they have worked hard to build. You are not only making yourself to look like a fool, but making them look bad in the process.
Who is ruining what reputation? Have you gone totally bonkers?? (sorry, no offense, I wanted to show I am shocked)

Do you really think they would even care if someone believes this damages their reputation?
They do not need me for their reputation, they have their own, as I have mine.

Please don't use Razorista as an example of Razor divers in general.
I don't think anyone does that. Most people probably get that Razor is just a hardcore fan boy.
On the other hand I don't think Razorista is helping the brand much.
I've met Steve too, he is buddies with my cave instructor, he seems like a very nice guy and I've only heard positive things about him and this training.

You might also think about it another way:

Steve and HP have both posted here in the past.
Now Steve rarely even posts on cavediver forums, HP doesn't post at all, except on facebook.

I like to think they are glad when other people talk about the Razor positively, even if those fans do not always write something they would teach (if you want to learn from them you have to contact them directly nowadays and pay their fees).

Last edited:
I've met Steve too, he is buddies with my cave instructor, he seems like a very nice guy and I've only heard positive things about him and this training.
Steve is highly regarded everywhere.
Was invited to speak at a GUE conference, etc...
Most people seem to think he is a diving god or something on that level.
Names like Edd Sorenson are spoken in the same hushed voices.

In my opinion that is one of the problems with sidemount adoption.
Most people fear they can never match the skill of those 'gods'.
(and in my opinion there is a lot of truth in that)

It needs 'normal people' to show rec divers they can be their own gods in their own little ponds with a very realistic skill level for anyone to achieve in a normal diving career.

This just keeps getting better with every post. Please keep it up as I am enjoying the entertainment. Your last post is really laughable and I am certainly going to quote you on that one.

What is laughable abut it @bamafan? :confused:

Do you not believe Steve B. is highly regarded everywhere?? (at least where anyone has heard the name before)

I have never met Steve Bogaerts so I can't voice my opinion on him. I have heard good things about him and he has done a great job marketing himself with his underwater ballet videos. Is he the best cave diver in Mexico? I don't know how one would quantify that. I am sure he is better than me so I really don't care either way.

I think the best money you could spend would be to go take a class from Edd. He could show you another way to sidemount dive. You seem like the type who would really enjoy hearing about his exploits. I think it would be a perfect match. It really is a no brainer.

I have never met Steve Bogaerts so I can't voice my opinion on him. I have heard good things about him and he has done a great job marketing himself with his underwater ballet videos.
He has done a single ballet video and that was his first promotional production when starting the Razor 1 commercialization.
It is still the same shock for some to see the mobility shown.

Is he the best cave diver in Mexico? I don't know how one would quantify that. I am sure he is better than me so I really don't care either way.
I think those around him rarely compare skills. At least most advanced cave divers like to give that impression.
Some are perhaps even there because they are good at some skill like tracking hidden cave entrances, without being really good divers.
I would not know. Seems to work that way in cave diving (or any 'advanced diving') comunities however.

I think the best money you could spend would be to go take a class from Edd. He could show you another way to sidemount dive. You seem like the type who would really enjoy hearing about his exploits. I think it would be a perfect match. It really is a no brainer.
Are you now promoting Edd or are you trying to damage his reputation? :confused:

Are you now promoting Edd or are you trying to damage his reputation? :confused:

He is a good instructor and since he dives stuff so small that most people would cry like a baby in their regulator I figured two very advanced sidemount divers would both benefit from seeing each others techniques. You really should go take a class from him. He has practically revolutionized sidemount diving in Florida. No one else even comes close. The SMS is the greatest rig ever invented you should really go try one and his placement of the light canister is a stroke of brilliance as well as his orientation of the tanks. You should really go and spend some time with him.
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom