Si Tech Quick Neck Seal/Ring - Is it Comfortable???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those that are saying its comfortable:

what is you build??
Are you diving it with sidemount harness??
Lastly how much undergarments are you wearing??

what is you build??

I haven't found it uncomfortable. I'm 5'9" and with a decent sized beer belly I need to get rid of currently, but I'm far from "stocky". Whether in backmount doubles, sidemount (x-deep stealth tec 2.0), or backmount single tank, on land with weight pulling onto the shoulders I can feel the weight distribution on the collar of the system even through decent undergarments (50F water). I wouldn't say it's significantly worse than just wearing the gear without any exposure protection though. Once in the water, however, I have never even noticed the neck ring system. When I found a torn neck seal at the dive site and changed it in ~5 minutes (would be faster now that I've done it once), it was a great thing to have and well worth any minor discomfort during the short periods carrying weight on dry land.

what is you build??
5’8” female. Average build. Yes sidemount. I have a razor for cold water, and Single web harness on my ccr. I wear weezle extreme plus, lightmonkey heated shirt. Its also fine in my old whitesmk3.

I dive primarily SM, usually with 200-gram 4th Element Arctic undergarments or a 100-gram Hollis jumpsuit, and I'm in the "it's comfortable" camp.

However, I'm also a fairly large person -- 6'4", 240 lbs. -- and don't notice any contact with my BCD on the neck ring. My experience may not extrapolate to yours.

what is you build??
Medium, stocky.

Sidemount, backmount, rebreather.

Lots of layers including heated vest with a Fourth Element Arctic Expedition top layer.

I don't find them uncomfortable in the water, but putting the suit on, and especially taking it off is problematic for me. Mostly because I have a big head and to get the ring off myself it takes work.

I have to get the ring essentially horizontal and then I can work it off. I'd say if you have a hat size over 7 5/8 it's probably going to be problematic. Each person's different though and it probably has more to do with the diameter of the ring and the length of the head at the widest point.

TL;DR: I have a big grape.

I have zero issues with mine.

what is you build??
172cm, regular build, rather thick undergarments (freezing-ish water), backmount.

I replaced my latex seal with one. Can't say I've ever felt it.
Crushed neoprene suit.
Using a thin wicking layer in summer (20C water) and a thick layer in winter (4C water)
182cm, avarage build, BP/W.

Very happy with it, replacing the seal is a breeze. Saved me some very nice dives.

There are actually several different versions of the sitech replaceable neck seal system. There are also some changes in the cross-sectional profile of at least one of the versions. The original was quite stiff, but the newer versions have come a long way. So some of the comments that you may see probably refer to a particular iteration of a particular version and may not be applicable to all the variations of the system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom