Si Tech Quick Neck Seal/Ring - Is it Comfortable???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am curious about the Si Tech Quick neck seal/ring system and am debating over it vs a traditionally glued on neck seal. I really like that it is user serviceable especially since I am in remote areas a lot. Personally I have never used the system be for and have heard mixed reviews about the comfort of it especially with sidemount harnesses on. I am fairly fit 5'10 about 180lbs 31" waist and what I have heard is those that are the slimmer side/less broad shoulders and narrower chest find that your harness will sit on the ring and its fairly uncomfortable. But on a rebreather/standard back plate its not as much of an issue and broader shoulder larger guys seems like it is not issue at all and you can not even tell that the ring is there.

Those that have used this system what are your thoughts? How is the comfort of the ring especially with a sidemount harness?

Cheers

It is great for me 5' 11", my wife feels it is a little uncomfortable but ok.

Search for the thread I did maybe two years ago on the SiTech neck rings and how restrictive they are for narrow shouldered people. It was so bad for me that I couldn’t be out of the water, in my suit, and be able to manipulate my suit dump valve with right hand. Totally restricted shoulder movement because it covered so much of my shoulder joint. This was a big reason why I went with a DUI for my current suit. User replaceable neck seal, but doesn’t get in the way. DUI ZipSeals are only for DUI suits.

Its fine for me. I have a sitek in one suit and zip seal in my other. I prefer the shape of the sitek seal to pull over my head and I don’t have to trim it because it comes in multiple sizes.

Hi Marsh,

I'm on my second BARE suit, that means I owned the Sci-tech neck seal system and then chose to purchase it a second time. I'm a rec diver who has taken GUE fundies and dives a B/P wing with a long hose config. A couple things I've learned. Any replaceable neck seal has a large ring that can get in the way when you're trying to perfect your trim. Si is more conforming than latex, I can opt for latex on my wrist but for the neck seal I prefer Si. Sci-tec neck seal had a redesign in I think 2019 (?) anyway the new design is much improved I don't want to go into that anymore, but I have some experience with the old one. I've had to replace wrist seals on the fly but never a neck seal. I like the idea of not having to send my suit out for neck seal repair. Overall with 8 years of Sci-tec experience I give the system (new design) 5 out of 5 stars, that could change if it ever lets me down LOL.

Yes it's fine and comfortable. It's even more fine when you need to quickly replace a neck seal in time for the next dive.

Next suit will definitely have a SiTec quick neck seal in it, along with Kubi gloves, a pee valve and a fly zip just like the current suit.

Personally I hate it. Installed it and ripped it out of my suit again. It's very personal if you like it or not. Not saying it's bad, but it just won't work for me.

Depends on how you're built, for some it does not work at all and others love it.
I'm ~180cm tall and average shoulders and I have never had issues with it restricting my movement.
Had one in my previous suit, have one in my current suit and will definitely have one in the next suit after that.

I have one suit with the rings and another with a regular latex neck. The latter feels more natural because the rings have some noticeable stiffness in them but you’ll have to try for yourself if this is a bother.

I don’t mind it but I think without would be more comfortable, however I much prefer silicone over latex so only options are a ring or zip seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom