SI Tech Quick Cuff issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was scratching my head at first - your description wasn't quite matching what I use, which is the Si Tech Quick Clamp Squeezes-On glove system (page 2).

This system has the multi colored rings, and the cuff can't pop off, because it's attached to the suit.

It sounds like you're using this glove system instead, correct? In which case I can't help at all, because I haven't laid eyes on them before! Just trying to clarify for ya.

All the best, James

Thanks for the responses, and I have e-mailed SI Tech and have asked them to chime in.

The cuff is glued to the suit, but the inner ring that holds the wrist seal in does not stay put. Unlike the inner ring in their picture, mine has no ridges on the outside and is very smooth. I have asked the seller to look at this thread as well. I just want something that is bullet proof. :D

Ehhhh.....Those are the ones that come with the system straight from Si-tech. They have changed their current offering due to the fact that most people buy this system tend pair it with the glovelock system, in which case you need the black ring that Pete got. If your NOT using the glovelock, its not the wrong ring, but also not the best. We have not had any issues with the ring that comes with it, but with his enormous hands, its obviously not a big enough sealing system.

Don't worry Pete, I have the other rings, that are longer, that I will get out to you today :wink: This WILL 100% fix your issue.

But to be clear for everyone, this is how they currently come from the manufacturer unless you specify or someone has an old set sitting around :wink:

Si Tech has 2 different types of locking ring. The quick cuff that is pictured in the first post works very well using the parts shown. The second type has a locking ring type that uses 2 hard plastic parts, one is cemented to the drysuit (semi) permanently and the docking part that goes to the glove uses an o-ring. The hard plastic ring shown in the second picture is used to lock the glove to the docking ring in the glove and comes in various color coded thicknesses to accomodate various glove type.
Sorry Pete but it looks like you have a mis matched setup.

Don't worry Pete, I have the other rings, that are longer, that I will get out to you today :wink: This WILL 100% fix your issue.
You da man! Of course, I was never worried... only frustrated! :D

The timeliness of your response was just fine and the content was GREAT. My issues were with the cuff system: not with YOU but you are resolving it and that's wonderful customer service. I am certain that I don't have the largest paws in this diving universe, so this thread will be of use to others. Up until the retaining rings pop out, the cuffs make putting on the Fusion so much easier.

WHAT!?!?! Someone let you go on vacation? WTF! :letsparty:
Think we need to align our priorities here. :wink:

LOL....ya, just a quick 4 dayer for a friends wedding. Don't worry, in August I get married in Riviera Maya :cool2: Sadly, on that long trip, I will have my computer to check up on you every once in a while :dork2:

I have the same system attached to my Whites Fusion and the same problem. The black ring doesn't hold the wrist seal worth a crap. It pops out with any amount of force. I did get many rings (black, blue, red, and green). I haven't yet tried the other colors to see if the work better but if there is a more specific ring out there that might do the trick, I'd like it, too.

Since I got the suit from Mike at DRIS, he should be able to assist me (I talked to him yesterday and that advice of the time was to try a different color ring (green I think)).

Thanks,
Shawn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom