SI Tech Quick Cuff issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bigger ring that Net doc is getting, does NOT pair up with the Glovelock and your permanent wrist system. Its too big and doesn't fit.....For your rings, the black is meant for the system, but one of the others that is a little thicker(that came with the glove lock sytem), might do the trick for the wrist system as well. I haven't tried it out before....it's more of a newer combination, so I would love to hear what you find trying the different colors Shawn.

Shawn, use the bigger rings. Blue is bigger. Green is the biggest.

So Nick and Maciej and I spent nearly an hour in the Vets parking lot attempting to get the blue and green rings into the permanent cuff system. Where we succeeded in that part, we were unable to do that with the locking mechanism over the area where the rings secure, and hence, we were unable to actually secure the rings at all. We tried so dang hard to get these in with the locking mechinism alread in place and were utterly unsucessful in geting the rings in place. We tried all kinds of lube, talk, watever, nothing would make the stars lineup.

So Maciej said I'm gonna have to sit that dive out. BS! Not gonna happen. So I used the black rings again. They stayed in place more or less throughout the dive, but when I exited the water, on my way up the stairs they popped off.

If there's a trick, I'd like to see it it. Nick already changed his mind about purchasing the new Sci-teck glove system and Maciej had no luck, despite both of our hardest efforts, to get any ring to seal besides the black, and the black pops out too easily to be reliable.

In fact, we tried so hard to get any other color ring to fit into place, it kinked my seal so I have to order a new set after only my second dive on the suit.

My drysuit did flood (again) but not because of the rings (my arms were dry). The P-valve has flooded my suit every dive so far. Andy is reinstalling it for me (hopefully), he saw what the problem was.

For your rings, the black is meant for the system, but one of the others that is a little thicker(that came with the glove lock sytem), might do the trick for the wrist system as well. I haven't tried it out before....it's more of a newer combination, so I would love to hear what you find trying the different colors Shawn.

See my previous response to Rainer. We had no such luck getting the other rings in place, they are too thick, or we don't know the proper trick. Kinked a seal in accidentally in the process so I'll be ordering new wrist seals.

Would you be willing to make a video demonstrating the proper technique, and proving the seals actually hold? As it is, I can't get them to hold reliably worth a d**n. I must be doing something wrong because I can't imagine this system getting any market share if everyone had this problem.

See my previous response to Rainer. We had no such luck getting the other rings in place, they are too thick, or we don't know the proper trick. Kinked a seal in accidentally in the process so I'll be ordering new wrist seals.

Would you be willing to make a video demonstrating the proper technique, and proving the seals actually hold? As it is, I can't get them to hold reliably worth a d**n. I must be doing something wrong because I can't imagine this system getting any market share if everyone had this problem.

As I told you on the phone, the other rings are not intended for that, but it was worth a try. I will get a new pair of wrist seals out to you tomorrow. Give me a call sometime after 11am tomorrow, that will give me sometime to talk to Si-tech.

So everyone knows, the issue is NOT with the glovelock. He has a new system, the permanent wrist system, installed from Whites. This system is supposed to pair up with the glovelock, and the black ring is supposed to pair the two systems together. There seems to be an issue...possibly a mismachined black ring...this pairing of the 2 systems is where the issue is occuring

Call me tomorrow so we can figure this out :wink:

Don't worry, we will get this figured out ASAP....

BTW: What problems I was experiencing had been resolved simply by using ever so slightly thicker wrist seals. I suggest that if you install this (or have Whites install it) to a Fusion, then avoid the default wristseals, they are just too thin to keep a seal with this system.

BTW: What problems I was experiencing had been resolved simply by using ever so slightly thicker wrist seals. I suggest that if you install this (or have Whites install it) to a Fusion, then avoid the default wristseals, they are just too thin to keep a seal with this system.

Glad we got it fixed :) There is just a slight difference in the thickness that Whites uses and the ones we sent after. It's amazing that such a small difference creates such a big problem.....

Back
Top Bottom