SI TECH inflator valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbletrubble: Thanks. I'll do that if I decide to take it apart.

@Diver0001: The OP wants to break down an inflator valve...not an exhaust valve.

Ah, my bad. From what I"ve seen of Sci-tek inflators they're just a valve stem, a housing and an o-ring.

In fact, once you take one apart and see how flimsy they are you'll wonder how anyone survives diving in a drysuit..... The fact is, the screw cap on a jar of pickles is more complicated... and probably more reliable.

R..

I didn't do the inflator valve because there is an exploded schematic out there somewhere -- I thought it was on TDS, but I'm not having a lot of luck finding it this morning.

I didn't do the inflator valve because there is an exploded schematic out there somewhere -- I thought it was on TDS, but I'm not having a lot of luck finding it this morning.

They're both in "Wetsuit and Drysuit Maintenance and Repair" from AIRSPEED PRESS.

Yes, but as I said in the photo essay thread, for those who don't own the book, I put the essay up as a searchable resource. The schematic for the intake valve is out there somewhere, because I printed it when I did the maintenance. I just can't seem to find it today.

Yes, but as I said in the photo essay thread, for those who don't own the book, I put the essay up as a searchable resource. The schematic for the intake valve is out there somewhere, because I printed it when I did the maintenance. I just can't seem to find it today.

Oh. BTW, your essay was dead handy when I needed to take apart my exhaust valve and didn't have the book (which I had only thumbed through) with me. Thanks again.
It was a great help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom