SI-TECH inlet valve o-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jens Bölte

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I have a Si-Tech inlet valve that inflates the suit unintentionally, so it leaks a little bit. I would like to disensemble it and to replace the o-rings. Does anyone know the size of these o-rings?

Best wishes Jens

Don’t know the o ring size but have you tried taking it off and soaking it? I’ve also found a small squirt of spray silicone in the inlet works for freeing up a sticky valve.

sorry to hijack your thread but I am looking for a replacement male inlet nipple. 25207 part no. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

sorry to hijack your thread but I am looking for a replacement male inlet nipple. 25207 part no. Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

6 euros:

-Z

Don’t know the o ring size but have you tried taking it off and soaking it? I’ve also found a small squirt of spray silicone in the inlet works for freeing up a sticky valve.
Hi,

I try to „clean“ it an ultrasonic bath but no avail. So I assume that at least one of the two o-rings is damaged.

Best wishes Jens

Hi,

I try to „clean“ it an ultrasonic bath but no avail. So I assume that at least one of the two o-rings is damaged.

Best wishes Jens
I’ve freed up sticky inlets with this stuff

after that I would replace it, I think I have a spare valve so if I get time later I’ll see if I can open it up and get an idea of the o ring size.

this is the closest I have, installed and being tested no, it is holding pressure fine and the button moves freely (008)
IMG_8283.jpeg

this is the internals
IMG_8281.jpeg

it takes two hex keys to unscrew the unit (2.5mm) you have to remove the sticker to access the screw
IMG_8279.jpeg
IMG_8278.jpeg
IMG_8277.jpeg
Overall a 10 minute job.

008 orings seem to work for me as well. Great post lexvil!
For those people that are living not in damn imperial measure units world :
AS568-008 o-ring has
Outer diameter 8,04mm
Inner diameter 4,47mm
Cross-section 1,78mm

Hi,
Thanks for the all the help. I cleaned the valve. It is working again. I did not need to change the o-rings. Now I have to figure out how to glue the sticker to the metallic plate?

Best wishes Jens

Back
Top Bottom