SI-TECH inlet valve o-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like your nipple has that little plastic tongue in it. I believe Si-Tech is replacing those nipples when you send in the valve. I had my valve fail when the "fork" ends broke on the plastic tongue. While awaiting replacement, got my kid to make a new one on his 3d printer, and it worked great. Did you figure out a good way to replace the sticker?

Don’t know the o ring size but have you tried taking it off and soaking it? I’ve also found a small squirt of spray silicone in the inlet works for freeing up a sticky valve.
The guys at oceanequipment.ca (North American Si-Tech dealer) told me not to use spray silicone on those valves, as the spray has additives that can break down the nitrile o-rings. They just use regular silicon grease. (I kinda thought they were feeding me a line, until I looked at the ingredients on my silicon spray, and sure enough, there's solvent in it.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom