Si-tech exhaust valve on a DUI suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe you have the stock low profile Apex drysuit exhaust valve. I've heard mixed reports on them, but have had mine for 4 years and it will exhaust very freely, sometimes too freely.

Valve placement makes a huge difference. Mine is directly on the midline of my shoulder, looking from my side and is the most advantageous location to vent. If yours is further towards the middle of your body, that may be the problem.

This is exactly why my suit is in the shop. No matter how I twist my arm (or the suit) while donning, the dump valve ends up near my armpit (facing front and down), making it almost impossible to dump without building up a lot of pressure and doing a massive chicken-wing. I'm crossing my fingers that this major surgery will make a difference.

I believe you have the stock low profile Apex drysuit exhaust valve. I've heard mixed reports on them, but have had mine for 4 years and it will exhaust very freely, sometimes too freely.

I struggled with the Apex low-profile dump valve for a year or two, dealing with both inability to dump easily and with suit flooding when you got too much drysuit crush (can be prevented by not opening it up fully, but that isn't going to help your ability to dump any). Switched to si-tech low-profile dumps and they've been working fine for me.

making it almost impossible to dump without building up a lot of pressure and doing a massive chicken-wing. I'm crossing my fingers that this major surgery will make a difference.

Good luck with that! I'll cross my fingers too.

Last edited:
I've had a hard time sourcing these valves? Any suggestions? The only info I could find was from 2001.

My LDS just ordered a few from somewhere in Canada - you can probably just get one from them: Any Water Sports - The Bay Area's Premier Dive Center If they don't ship & you still need one I'd be glad to help out.

I think they also have a few rebuilt ones for cheaper.

Last edited:
Swapped out my Apex low-profile for a Si-Tech dump valve and dove it today.

It's amazing how much easier/smoother the Si-Tech dumps! A few dives to dial it in & all will be good! Thanks for the advice!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom