SI Tech dryglove rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTaylor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got a set of used drygloves with these rings that have one blue ring and one black ring holding the gloves to the outer rings. The blue ring holding the glove on seems to be a little loose and comes off easily, what I wanted to know is if there is some place to purchase a new set of the colored rings that go inside of the gloves?

Thanks
Greg

I have the same gloves, and I got a bunch of them from my LDS. That being said, I do know you can purchase the dry suit side of the system which has the docking ring and an assortment of the colored rings. Try contacting the manufacturer, sitech. I believe some have done that, and si-tech has mailed them some rings at no charge, i think.

I got a set of used drygloves with these rings that have one blue ring and one black ring holding the gloves to the outer rings. The blue ring holding the glove on seems to be a little loose and comes off easily, what I wanted to know is if there is some place to purchase a new set of the colored rings that go inside of the gloves?

Here's a SI TECH link giving part numbers and contact info (.pdf).

http://www.dykcen.dk/PDF/Manualer/SiTech%20user%20manual%2060220.pdf

In the past, for my own information, I measured the outer diameter of the colored "spanner" rings as follows:
Black ring = 3.700"
Yellow ring = 3.720"
Blue ring = 3.740"
Green ring = 3.760"
Vinyl electrical tape is often about 0.007" thick and can be laid longitudinally on a ring to add about 0.014" to the diameter per layer.

That might snug things up while you're waiting for replacement rings to arrive. Hate to miss a dive waiting..... :D

By the way, are yours the original Atlas/Showa blue pvc gloves? Or are they a thinner glove?

Mine are held nice and tight with a blue "spanner" ring.

Make sure there isn't a trace of lubricant on the "spanner" ring or glove ring. If there is, clean everything, including the gloves, with soap and water, re-install and test the holding power again.

HTH.

Dave C

Last edited:
Your right Dave4868, it isn't the blue ring that is loose it was the black. But I wrapped it with electrical tape and that seems to have fixed the problem, hope to try them out this weekend. Thanks for the info and suggestion.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom