Si Tech Dry glove system (Viking rings)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Bix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Okay on the recomendation of my tech instructor I picked up a set of the Si Tech rings that I guess are called or comonly refered to as the old viking rings. The idea is: less is more, Simple and easy to repair etc.... My question is: They seem too simple, Plastic rings go in the cuff and big rubber rings stretch over them trapping the cuff in between is intuitively how it looks like it goes together. Am I missing something?

I watched those videos and they are not very clear as to how they assemble..... maybe they figure it's as simple as it looks so there is really no instructions needed????

Okay on the recomendation of my tech instructor I picked up a set of the Si Tech rings that I guess are called or comonly refered to as the old viking rings. The idea is: less is more, Simple and easy to repair etc.... My question is: They seem too simple, Plastic rings go in the cuff and big rubber rings stretch over them trapping the cuff in between is intuitively how it looks like it goes together. Am I missing something?
I have been using the Viking Bayonet dryglove system on my drysuit latex wrist seals for the past couple of years.

Yup. It's a simple system. There ain't much to it.

You described the suit-side rings. There's a large plastic ring positioned on the outside of the wrist seal with mating groove (o-ring) facing distally awaiting docking with the drygloves. Based on the thickness of the wrist seal, the user selects the appropriate thickness locking ring that goes on the inside of the wrist seal. Essentially, friction locks the rings into place on the wrist seal.

The glove-side rings are very similar -- large outer ring (containing mating groove tabs) with locking inner ring. Friction traps the glove between the two rings.

I like the simple "bayonet" mechanism that locks the gloves onto the suit-side rings. Very reliable in my experience. At first, I had a small issue locking/unlocking the gloves without getting help from a buddy. With practice, it's no big deal now. I don't know much about the old Si-tech ring system. I heard that some people had issues with that system leaking. :idk:

Good luck...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom