SI tech Dry glove/Ring system-help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingmob3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently got a new dry suit, and permanent rings installed, however I have trouble getting both of the gloves/rings to seal at the same time. Granted I have a whopping total of 2 dives on them, and practice makes perfect (especially in SCUBA) however any pointers that you all may have would be greatly appreciated, so the next time I dive I wont have 1 wet arm :(
thanks,
Allen

Some people lick the O rings to lube them a bit and help push them on easier. I put just tiny bit of silicone lube on my O rings about 3 time per year, and that is just enough to make donning and doffing easier.

This may sound a little strange but I'm doining this for years without any problems.
I put some liquid soap on the O-ring to get the glove in the ring without any problems.
The soap will wash out very quickly and the cloves never came of.
I must ad that with a buddy of mine it did NOT work and he flooded his glove.:D
After inspecting his gloves we found that the O-ring on his gloves where not as thick as mine,so you have to try(carefully)

The thing to remember with these rings is simple: If they didn't go on evenly, they will not be sealed. When you're putting them on, if the glove-side ring ever... um... "pops" in quickly and askew, you *must* remove it and start over. Whenever it "jumps" like that, the O-ring seems always to have just hopped out of place, so even if you get the glove fully "on", it won't be sealed.

To seal, the rings *must* be worked in evenly (primarily right as you're getting it started).

And of course watch that none of your glove or undergarment material get's into the seal.

Si-tech rings work well, but take a little practice to get them to be leak proof reliably. When you first get in the water fix the seal at the first sign of moisture getting in as it will only continue to leak if you ignore it.

Check for items in the seal, lube and care in installing the glove all contribute to a nice dry dive.

Mat.

Back
Top Bottom