Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, with the my new DC1000 (and Digital Strobe) to replace my previously flooded Mini, I submit the following samples from Cozumel:

Great pics, Bob!

What resolution did you use? The crop and blow up pics still look great.

Darell

Yes, I forgot to mention, I also have the wide angle lens.

Thnx..

I've had my DC500 for about 4 years now and while it's been a great camera, I'm ready to move up. Maybe next year.

The Garibaldi always get a chuckle from me. Seems like they would be snapped up, being bring orange. Maybe, it serves as a typical Damsel warning, "Don't mess with me! I'll bite you!"

Nice shark video, Dave. What species were they?

Pretty good for a little DC500.

What resolution did you use?

Darell

I used the 3648x2736 resolution setting. I can't remember the exact setting name but I also changed the picture quality from normal to fine. I used "underwater with external flash" and I left everything else as default. I used Macro when close and landscape when further away. I also set the strobe manually instead of using it in Auto mode. It seemed to overexpose when set on Auto.

I did notice a lot more backscatter as compared to when I used the same strobe with the mini. I don't know if it is because the strobe to lens angle is different or if the water contained more particulates than usual. I need to go back ASAP to experiment with aiming the flash. I think that is as good a reason as any to do a return trip, right?

I did notice a lot more backscatter as compared to when I used the same strobe with the mini. I don't know if it is because the strobe to lens angle is different or if the water contained more particulates than usual. I need to go back ASAP to experiment with aiming the flash. I think that is as good a reason as any to do a return trip, right?

Thanks for the info. I have a DC600, the pics are pretty good, but yours look better. It could be the water?!? If you can't get away... my flight to Coz would stop in Houston, I could pickup your camera and do a side by side comparison! :wink:

My son has only been certified like 1 month, and this was his first dive with me solo.

This is a hovercraft in about 70' water in Panama City Beach, FL.

Jeff Pitts

Attachments

• PICT0052.jpg
    PICT0052.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0021.jpg
    PICT0021.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0073.jpg
    PICT0073.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 65
The Garibaldi always get a chuckle from me. Seems like they would be snapped up, being bring orange. Maybe, it serves as a typical Damsel warning, "Don't mess with me! I'll bite you!"

Nice shark video, Dave. What species were they?

Pretty good for a little DC500.

Thanks, those were Soupfins.

It does a really decent job of documenting the dive. I'll likely keep it, even after the upgrade. It's small enough to take on every dive, where a large rig pretty much makes you a slave.

Some more photos at hovercraft. Shot with a Reefmaster mini and strobe.

Attachments

• PICT0065.jpg
    PICT0065.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 49
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0069.jpg
    PICT0069.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 46
  • PICT0025.jpg
    PICT0025.jpg