Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In case you didn't see it already, here is the video from our double dip on the Spiegel Grove for Invade the Keys IV in mid July

The new focus light really helped out shooting video inside the Grove!
5 min. version with turtles, Goliath Grouper, swim through and Grove commemorative plaque

If you just want the turtles (someone asked me for a copy of just the turtle swimming)
1 min. 17 sec.

So, with the my new DC1000 (and Digital Strobe) to replace my previously flooded Mini, I submit the following samples from Cozumel:

squirrel.jpg

large.jpg

eel.jpg

angel.jpg

turtle.jpg

coral.jpg

GREAT PICTURES, congratulations !!

I'm liking the results you're seeing texbob. Did you do any post processing?

I've had my DC500 for about 4 years now and while it's been a great camera, I'm ready to move up. Maybe next year.

DC500, ambient light, WA lens and no post processing:

090820_Channel_Islands_Day2_Dive-1.jpg

I'm liking the results you're seeing texbob. Did you do any post processing?

Yes there is post processing. I always do. Not sure if you wanted to hear that but I always crop and adjust the levels a bit.

I must say the DC1000 is a big step up from the Mini. The auto-focus versus fixed focus seemed to make a big difference. Due to the typical Cozumel current, I never really could work on getting close Macro shots but the brain coral shot was one example.

I did notice that I had lots more backscatter than I have seen before. I don't know if it is the different camera, poor positioning of the strobe, or water conditions, or all of the above. I think the only solution is to go back to Cozumel and test out my theory.

I was thinking about the post processing question...Here are two of the previously posted photos straight from the camera. You can see that the end result was mostly just cropping

eel-1.jpg

squirrel2.jpg

Great pix! Did you use the wide angle lens?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom