Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't posted photos... so testing, testing, 12
taken with a SeaLifeDC600 in Akumal Mexico

PICT0096-1.jpg

Turtle2.jpg

Last edited:
By Jove! I belive I've got it.
Thanks Cooltech

PICT01095.JPG

Here's a few more taken with my DC800 on my trip to Belize at the beginning of March. As one diver in our group noted the size of the grouper was a DF12. (dinner for 12)

Attachments

• blackgrouper.jpg
    blackgrouper.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 61
  • bluetang.jpg
    bluetang.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 52
  • greyangel.jpg
    greyangel.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 54
  • tarpon.jpg
    tarpon.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 72
is that last picture a tarpon?
DF12.. I love it!
Great pictures. Looks like you used a strobe. Man that makes the pictures pop.

Yes. I was in the middle of about 12 - 4-5ft Tarpon spinning around snapping pictures. They look so cool underwater, they almost seem to be covered in aluminum foil.

All the shots were taken with the DC800 and a strobe.

As mentioned before this was my first trip with an u/w camera and it took a hundred or so pictures before I started to get the hang of it. I'm now starting to experiment with the strobe off of auto and just dialing it down a bit depending on the amount of available light. For instance the tarpon shot was only in about 28 ft of water with a sandy bottom so there was quite a bit of natural light so I didn't need much flash. You can see the reflection of the coral overhang in the tarpon's body.

Thanks for the compliments Skipper.

Yes. I was in the middle of about 12 - 4-5ft Tarpon spinning around snapping pictures. They look so cool underwater, they almost seem to be covered in aluminum foil.

All the shots were taken with the DC800 and a strobe.

As mentioned before this was my first trip with an u/w camera and it took a hundred or so pictures before I started to get the hang of it. I'm now starting to experiment with the strobe off of auto and just dialing it down a bit depending on the amount of available light. For instance the tarpon shot was only in about 28 ft of water with a sandy bottom so there was quite a bit of natural light so I didn't need much flash. You can see the reflection of the coral overhang in the tarpon's body.

Thanks for the compliments Skipper.

Very nice

well here is my first pics with my dc800 with pro flash,,,,,,,,,not the best pics ...but im learning,,,,,,,

Attachments

• PICT0035.jpg
    PICT0035.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0062.jpg
    PICT0062.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 61
  • PICT0073.jpg
    PICT0073.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 51
well here is my first pics with my dc800 with pro flash,,,,,,,,,not the best pics ...but im learning,,,,,,,

welcome to the learning crowd, back one page is some great advice several of the more experienced folks gave me, looks like u may be having some of the same issues:wink:

What are your setting with the pro flash (please tell me they are sea... that will explain a ton) :wink:

They should be external flash with a pro strobe setup...

Back
Top Bottom