Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pix taken today at Molasses reef. Question, has anybody noticed that when talking pix with the zoom, the quality of the pix are not good. Is this me or is this normal

That's because the zoom your using is most likely a digital zoom not optical. Its simply taking the image your sensor is already picking up and enlarging it...there is no more image data there. It will look pixelated...try to avoid digital zoom at all costs.

That's because the zoom your using is most likely a digital zoom not optical. Its simply taking the image your sensor is already picking up and enlarging it...there is no more image data there. It will look pixelated...try to avoid digital zoom at all costs.
I have the digital zoom turned off

What kind of camera are you using and what about the quality isn't there?

DC 800 and when I zoom it is just not sharp

That's not normal. You can send the picture to sealife support. The DC800 stores all camera settings in the JPG & using this information they can help you out.

If you were in a low light condition you may be experiencing ISO noise. When the camera does not get enough light to make a proper exposure it adjusts the ISO higher; the higher the ISO the more noise (graininess) you will get. You can either add a strobe or if it is a wide angle type shot it is a limitation of the point and shoot camera's sensors. You would experience this with any of the point and shoot cameras. The DSLR's have better sensors and ISO noise is less of a problem with them. Post some pictures full size and we can confirm that this is the problem.

Brian

If you were in a low light condition you may be experiencing ISO noise. When the camera does not get enough light to make a proper exposure it adjusts the ISO higher; the higher the ISO the more noise (graininess) you will get. You can either add a strobe or if it is a wide angle type shot it is a limitation of the point and shoot camera's sensors. You would experience this with any of the point and shoot cameras. The DSLR's have better sensors and ISO noise is less of a problem with them. Post some pictures full size and we can confirm that this is the problem.

Brian

Thnx I will do that shortly

How close were you to the subject when you shot the pic? Also do you remember what sertting you had the focus on? There are three settings; Macro, normal and landscape. When in landscape and too close, the camera will not be as sharp as when in the normal or macro settings.

Joe

How close were you to the subject when you shot the pic? Also do you remember what sertting you had the focus on? There are three settings; Macro, normal and landscape. When in landscape and too close, the camera will not be as sharp as when in the normal or macro settings.

Joe

I always keep it in landscape/infinity as advised. I have the resolution at the best,quality to super fine and sharpness on normal.
In my photo album you will see some manatee shots that were done in sea mode and a parrotfish that was shot with flashmode. I would appreciate any suggestions and tip/settings in regards to the above.
Thnx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom