Show me yours and I'll show you mine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phazeshyft:
where did you get the instructions for that housing.

Here is the website.

divelight@groups.msn.com

You have to apply to join, really just a formality, and then the guy who's site it is (a member of this board, name is PadiPro) will approve you, and then you will be able to view the website. You have to go to the documents tab on the left side of the screen, and when you click it you will be able to access the plans for the housing. It's all simpler than it sounds. There are also excellent plans there for a DIY canister light. If you have any questions or need some help, feel free to pm me. It's really easy - in fact, I'm already starting to plan for another one with some variations. Good Luck!

MO

Built several video camera housings, a couple of canister lights, and a O2 analizer.

Check out my DIY site for more pictures.

Nice projects. I think it is time for me to try to make a camera housing. I might get with Scott later, and maybe he will give me a little help?????? Pleassssssss

murphdivers286:
Nice projects. I think it is time for me to try to make a camera housing. I might get with Scott later, and maybe he will give me a little help?????? Pleassssssss

LOL No problem. Just let me know what you need.

Scott, how difficult is it to make something like those (canister lights and cam housing)? I have been thinking about it, but am not sure if its something I would be able to "finish".. haha

Stryker:
Scott, how difficult is it to make something like those (canister lights and cam housing)? I have been thinking about it, but am not sure if its something I would be able to "finish".. haha

It's not really that hard to build either but I would say that the housing is harder then the canister light. There are a few more small parts that have to be built to hold the camera in place and with the design I use the rings around each end of the housing have to be heated and streched so there is something for the latches to be screwed into. Both can be built with basic hand and power tools, the more you have the easier it is. I built my first housing with nothing more then a hand saw, disk sander and a borrowed router.

I've worked on a few.
A scooter
An enclosed reel.
A video housing
HID cannister light.

Mike D

Enclosed reel

Mike D

HID cannister light

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back