Show Me Your Pick-Up Built For Scuba- (Specing out a Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is very concerning to know that you own and use a chainsaw :p

Man I really don't want to start anything and I know it's not you as 'concerning' has entered the vernacular

but the progressive lazifying of the language is a real thing for me

It is very disconcerting to know that you own and use a chainsaw :p

It's very disconcerting for others also, especially when I'm up a tree, it's running hanging from my waist
and I begin to cut the limb inboard from where I'm standing

Man I really don't want to start anything and I know it's not you as 'concerning' has entered the vernacular

but the progressive lazifying of the language is a real thing for me

It's very disconcerting for others also, especially when I'm up a tree, it's running hanging from my waist
and I begin to cut the limb inboard from where I'm standing

"Concerning" as in cause for concern or troubling:p

Screenshot_20240819_133316_Merriam-Webster Dictionary.jpg

Shower option. No affiliation.

It's hard to beat a Bedslide as the base for a scuba truck bed, with fabricated aluminum framing and shelving for each thing you want to carry. Not cheap, but really really good and you seem like someone who wants to put the thought into making your setup exactly what you want. A place for everything and everything in it's place.

I have a Ford Maverick; my setup balances a few uses but my scuba-specific stuff: Bedrug liner to be soft on gear, removable tank rack, and a 3-drawer Stacktech toolbox for all my tools and spare parts/boltsnaps/etc. Future upgrades will be a bigger 4-tank steel tank rack and a retractable canopy for shade.

My pickup truck has L-track bolted onto the inside of the bed. I installed them before I got into diving, but they're a pretty cheap mod, and they make great attachment points for vertical tanks. See my thread on it here DIY-ish pickup bed rails for securing tanks

For showering down after the dive I just bring one or two of these with water that has been sitting out in the yard before the dive. Temps are in the high 80s 😁

Attachments

• Special-Kitty-Lightweight-Scoopable-Clumping-Cat-Litter-Fresh-Scent-8-5-lb_93b7eec8-243a-4a08...jpeg
    Special-Kitty-Lightweight-Scoopable-Clumping-Cat-Litter-Fresh-Scent-8-5-lb_93b7eec8-243a-4a08...jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 12
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom