Show Me Your Pick-Up Built For Scuba- (Specing out a Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a hand - pump weed sprayer for rinsing off. Can't tell you how many times people say "hey, that's a good idea" over the years but I've never seen anyone else doing it....
Another low tech option I’ve seen used is a gallon sized dish soap container. Pop the top and squeeze and you’ve got a nice strong stream to rinse the sand off your boots.

Have you considered a tow vehicle + small trailer, instead? Then you could build out the trailer (to accommodate enough scuba gear for an OW class or a weekend camping trip with your friends) as time and funds allow, and leave the trailer behind when you don't need it, saving gas/diesel. Of course there are downsides, which include annual tags and insurance and maintenance, and towing something.

rx7diver

Fix a strip of rubber between the tailgate and the bed, keeps out the dust and your arse won't fall in

011.JPG

Meet NinjaSid. My Toyota Hilux made specifically for housing two GUE CCR2 technical divers for easy access to mudpits in the mountains. Includes
Alpha GSX Hardtop
Dema Heavy Duty Cargo Slide Planslede Heavy duty Hilux 2006-15/2016+/2021+ - Ekstrautstyr Plansled
Custom made tank-rack with openings to get optimal access to interior without having to ender the cargo room.

The aluminum rack is removable, and bolted on to the slide. On the top centre bar I have installed a hooktracksystemthing (English is my second language) for flexible securing of cargo.
tempImageEOJSSy.png

tempImageUqIkJX.png

One BIG advantage to putting everything on a slide is that there is AIR circulating on all sides. This means effective removal of any moisture in the car.

With a custom 2" truckers hitch I could add a Hammock.
IMG_4521.JPG

tempImagekSB9Cx.png

Waiting for the boat going to a wreck. Stages/scooters had already been removed. Time for coffe!

Attachments

• tempImageSoIuUP.png
    tempImageSoIuUP.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom