Show me your mount!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dyin-To-Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm heading to Kauai in June and I'm looking at different ways to mount my GoPro for my dives. I currently have the headstrap with an extended arm to mount mine and it works well.

My problem is that I want some footage of myself underwater and need a different option. I am thinking of a telescopic pole mount, but don't know which brand to buy or where to buy one.

I also need it to be around 12" fully collapsed. I don't want to lug a large pole around with me when diving.

PLEASE INCLUDE PICS OF YOUR SETUP SO WE CAN ALL SEE HOW TO DO THIS!!!

I got exactly what you are mentioning from XSories - Accessories for an Xtreme life They have 2 length options and I believe the longer one collapses to 8-9 inches. They are super light weight and each extendable section is capable of locking independently of the others. The only suggestion I would make is to do what I did to mine and add a bicycle grip on the end to make the handle fit in your hand a little better as well as make it tacky so it's easier to hold on to. Here's a shot of the pole I use for self-filming or at shallower depths when I can get away with using my cy filter. IMG_0563.jpg

This is what came in the mail the other day and what I'll be using when I need to go deeper. I can actually mount this to the pole as well using the little holes in the goodman handle and a tripod attachment.IMG_0564.jpgIMG_0565.jpgIMG_0566.jpg Good luck and safe diving!

Here is my set up. It is a Bonica tray with a tripod mont and a 3 inch extention with 2 sola 1200 lights. Work very well and very stable.
117852d1331085379-downsizing-video-rig-comparison-102403d1314818429t-my-gopro-setup-dscn2828.jpg

It's not telescopic, but certainly allows you to get yourself in the shot

All the best, James

Here is my current setup, not my pic as I have an early prototype version of the tray thats a little different to the final retail but functions the same. I will take some proper pics on my setup with the final retail tray and lights when it comes in. Works great though I just need to neutralize the setup as its a little negative atm but my last uses had either 3 or 4 gopros mounted to the tray lol.

SRPUWTUV really small.jpg

Here is another pic with 2 gopros, I had them mounted top and bottom when using more then 2 at a time.

39545435130504489208721.jpg

I believe they are manufactured by light-for-me but they are sold by tecdivegear.com

Back
Top Bottom