Show me your mount!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a plastics company here that makes signs and manufactures items out of acrylic. I just go there and buy their scraps and culls for a few dollars/pound. There has got to be a store like that around you. They don't have the good stuff at a regular box store.

Thanks for the tip

forearm mount based on an idea i got from here. rotates 360 degrees and tilts 180 degrees.

Kh5ikh.jpg
5yCyFh.jpg
i62tXh.jpg

bcr5vh.jpg

Cost me less than 30 dollars, with a significant part in stainless nuts and bolts

Here it is.

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,965
Here are a some pics of my "Go Pole " I made. Less than $5.00 for the pole (Extendable Squeegee from Walmart), 10 minutes with a saw to cut the removable Squeegee head down to mate up nicely with the tripod mount & drill hole to mount tripod mount. Maybe $3 for SS screw for the tripod mount, rubber washers, etc. for cosmetics. It's fairly light, made from aluminum and ABS. It even has a cool decal I left on that says, "DANGER, Avoid power lines!".
04.gif

IMG_0404.jpgIMG_0406.jpgIMG_0405.jpg

(walmart adjustable weight golds gym jump rope handles + 1/4 " polycarbonate + stainless steels bolts/nuts + gopro tripod mount) (1.5 hours of build time) = fully customizable inexpensive camera tray....

2012-03-21221220.jpg

2012-03-21221157.jpg

I'll be going this route myself. A trip to Walmart and a trip to Home Depot should provide everything it seems.

My pseudo-"Goodman" mount: Piece of flat Aluminum stock bent into a "U", a piece of Stainless All-thread (special order from Fastenal) inside a piece of Aluminum tube. Stainless nuts to hold that in place. The GoPro tripod mount is attached with a 1/4-20 button-head allen bolt. Cleaned up the overhang on the bench grinder - also makes it obvious if it's shifted at all.

I guess it would depend on the beam of the lights as to how far they should be apart but for me I tell ya my suitcase ain't big enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom