• Yes, let's stop them before someone gets hurt

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Yes, please

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • OMG Yes, starting with this one

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Are they overused? Not well organized? Most as bad as this one...?

I agree that many of the polls aren't phrased very well. I agree that sometimes the subjects are...interesting. Sometimes just silly (not unlike this one) and/or amusing (not unlike this one).

But...I really and firmly believe they add an interesting element to ScubaBoard. I check in to SB a couple of times a day and I always look forward to reading certain members and looking over the polls. Sometimes I'm amazed by the results and resounding comments that follow.

Thanks for asking.

Sea ya!

I need my therapy dammit!

I think polls should only be allowed on Saturdays, why isn't that a choice?

I think your next poll should be about whether or not we should have a forum dedicated to polls.

Even if then poll is poorly designed or self serving they do generally generate some valuable discussion.

If we want this place to be more scientific we could have mods screen polls before they go up.

Pete

Hmmm, are you a pollster now Don?

To stay on point and relevant to this thread, which apparently one must do if one wants to be a good SB'er, polls if used properly can be a helpful way of illustrating and measuring the particular thread's readers opinion or viewpoint on a matter.

I'd say generally polls suffer from insufficient options and or poorly worded options.
Hence the current discontent with them.

Get me?...

Use polls when necessary and make them good!

Back
Top Bottom