Should Rename This Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blindref757:
Am I like the only diver in the world that isn't using a BPW Setup?
hehehe... no, they just TALK about their stuff a lot more! I think you'll find a whole lot of folks out there who use jacket style BCs and don't feel the need to go to therapy because of it. Remember that this is a board where people talk, debate, demean, despise, argue, acclaim, articulate, aggitate, harass, annoy, annoit, adore, abhore, cajole and creole a lot more than they dive...

OTOH, maybe we should start a BC Anonymous forum...

Puffer Fish:
Ah, Howard, Buddha would be proud of you for taking the middle path. The BP/W people are not so inlighted, and will burn you at the stake.

Although, as you know, I have a BP/W with integrated weights and Quick disconnects, so I'm betting I would be first.

For the people who like to play with gear, a BP/W is great, for those that just like diving, not so much.

My wife is using her BP/W now. She really likes it. I've dived it twice now. They both work well. I maintain neutral bouyancy.

MB:
hehehe... no, they just TALK about their stuff a lot more! I think you'll find a whole lot of folks out there who use jacket style BCs and don't feel the need to go to therapy because of it. Remember that this is a board where people talk, debate, demean, despise, argue, acclaim, articulate, aggitate, harass, annoy, annoit, adore, abhore, cajole and creole a lot more than they dive...

OTOH, maybe we should start a BC Anonymous forum...
No! On ScubaBoard? You're kidding right? :D

howarde:
My wife is using her BP/W now. She really likes it. I've dived it twice now. They both work well. I maintain neutral bouyancy.

And you have exellent trim - all without having a BP/W - amazing. If Michelle did not have pictures of you, no-one would believe it.

I, on our first dive, had my BP/W weighted so that when resting, I was staring at the surface (or as I liked to think of it, in a perfect position to see under ledges).

blindref757:
To the BP/Wing Forum. Am I like the only diver in the world that isn't using a BPW Setup?

Did I miss something? Did you write "jacket" in invisable text? Humm.... Lot's of assuming going on.

shugar:
yeah... now that you mention it... but then again mike really is a strange creature... kind of like a platypus, ya' know... made up from excess parts and all

Jag

LOL - true, in which case, he is an indangered species, and should be protected at all costs (including the BC)

Don Janni:
What I've observed here on the board is the BP/W user community is the passionate and vocal minority.

We may be the minority , but we are probably also the majority of the divers who are in the water more than when just on vacation

MB:
hehehe ... Remember that this is a board where people talk, debate, demean, despise, argue, acclaim, articulate, aggitate, harass, annoy, annoit, adore, abhore, cajole and creole a lot more than they dive ...
I am going to have to copy this for later use. :) I have to get my dictionary out though. I dont know how to annoit or creole. I love to eat creole though. :) I have noticed that sometimes the most unlikely post will escalate into something BIG almost out of nowhere.

I would have to add learn at the top of the list. I do enjoy scubaboard and have learned a lot from my participation. I have also met a whole host of new dive buddies.

Willie

blindref757:
To the BP/Wing Forum. Am I like the only diver in the world that isn't using a BPW Setup?

There are lots of us. We just don't make much noise because there's no reason to.

Terry

terrasmak:
We may be the minority , but we are probably also the majority of the divers who are in the water more than when just on vacation

I bet you are too. I wish I could dive far more often. I may get in 4 trips a year tops, some where between 40 to 50 dives a year. Yep for me it's vacations and long weekends to Florida. You probably get in 100 dives to my 1.

Consider yourself lucky. I do.

BTW: There is a popular quarry here in town (http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/AlabamaBlueWater.html) but the water's too cold for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom