Should a non-DIR diver use a long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys! I am just now gearing up with my own gear, and it is a task! So many details! But I have pretty good training, and combined with the forum community things are do-able!

Have gone with 7 foot one the primary for reasons you gave, Bjorn. And I just ordered my bungee cord to make my necklace for the octo.

Thanks all! I will now go off exloring your links.

Bill

hoosier:
Depending on your body size and set up, Like I said, 7ft was too long without a canister light on our body size. So, we picked up 5 ft. I don't think one size t-shirt can fit everyone nicely.

You can just tuck the extra into your waist harness - in this case, as long as you aren't under 4' tall - a 7'er would have been just fine.

i am by no means a DIR person
even tho there are some aspects of DIR i have adapted.
the "long hose" is one of them
i for years used a AIR 2 and it was recently i switched to a necklace setup
swo dont rule out gettin rid of that air 2 you can always sell it to a friend or something....
just something to keep in mind..

Ray

Well, if you're gonna use the long hose you might as well hook up a bungee'd backup reg and if your gonna hook up a bungee'd backup reg then you might as well use a BP/W and since you're using a BP/W what harm would a set of Jets with spring straps do?

While your at it, attach a bolt snap to your primary and of course fill your tank with 32%.

Also, the long hose routes really nicely under a Helios 9 can light.....

Ah hell.

-Chris

:D

Cali68: Keep the slippery slope to youself :p

longhoses are not the realm of techies alone, go ahead and use one. just learn how to share it with your bud. good luck

Spoon:
longhoses are not the realm of techies alone, go ahead and use one. just learn how to share it with your bud. good luck

What Spoon said..........

Aucilla:
Thanks guys! I am just now gearing up with my own gear, and it is a task! So many details! But I have pretty good training, and combined with the forum community things are do-able!
Go see Chris at Blue Water Sports, he'll get you squared away, he goes by WaterDawg on the forums.

Sorry to throw you under the bus Chris, but you know... :thumb:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom