Shortage of PST tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431:
I think everyone just needs to go on a trip this winter. Check out Bonaire, Honduras, or the Caymans and stop worrying about PST!!!

HOW ABOUT SO CAL??!!!! Not a bad place to spend a winter trip diving.

Geeze.

K

:D

No, theres alot of crazy **** going on down there.... earthquakes, fires, mudslides, riots, Michael Jackson, OJ... Stay the hell out of Cali!!!

LOL...

Id take a BLizzard or a Hurricane anyday over that stuff...

I ordered 2 E7-80's back in Oct and got them in Dec! I thought my LDS had dropped the ball, but it sounds like it is a supply problem.

Funny, I was in FillExpress the other day and they told me that PST was dropping the price on the E7 80s to allow them to be sold at $169, the same price as AL80s. Apparently, PST wants to take more of this business. FillExpress didn't mention any supply problems.

reubencahn:
Funny, I was in FillExpress the other day and they told me that PST was dropping the price on the E7 80s to allow them to be sold at $169, the same price as AL80s. Apparently, PST wants to take more of this business. FillExpress didn't mention any supply problems.

My LDS didn't mention it either. But after they finally showed up, he commented on how it doesn't normally take that long. I think I paid $179 a piece, but I'd have to go dig out the receipt to be sure. There can't be any margin in tanks. I think large multi-store shops like Diver Direct in SE FL sell them as a loss-leader. This really hurts the LDS's.

PST-Scuba response

·PST has been in business since 1902 and has produced, and design some of the most advanced cylinder in the gas market today, our quality is unsurpassed.

·The demand for our product in 2003 exceeded our supply. We are working to correct this problem.

·E8-149’s will not be produced in 2004 due to its overall length. The shell length is too long for our current press that produces our scuba line.

·E7-120’s and the E8-130’s are out of stock until late April, PST-Scuba experienced a greater demand in 2003 for the larger sized cylinders than we had forecasted.

· As far as order placed with PST-Scuba we send a fax confirmation to the buying store, with delivery information. We do not also know at the time an order is placed the exact time of shipment. So this information is fax within 48 hours to the buyer.

·Warranty, our standard warranty on LP and HP Series tanks is one year. Warranty for the E-Series is five years. PST has some of the oldest scuba cylinders still in service today.

·The MSRP on the E7-80 is $199.00

·Our new website should be up and running within the next thirty days.

·I hope this answer your questions, if you have any further questions or comments regarding PST-Scuba products, please send them to my attention at tivey@pressedsteel.com

Best regards,

Thomas Ivey
PST-Scuba Product Manager

Once again I want to thank Thomas Ivey and PST for their presence on this board, and for addressing the issues here.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom