Shore diving in Two Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not in many years, Arnaud. Used to camp at Little Fisherman and dive over to Big Fisherman and the Point, but that was back in the 70's when I had my own boat and dived more elsewhere around the island.

Should be some fun stuff in that area though.

Dr. Bill

I've done shore _freediving_ in Isthmus Cove (main Two Harbors beach on the side facing the mainland) a number of times. I've noticed that the dive shop there often has students walk down to the west end of the main beach where they do an entry and swim out along the edge of the cove to deeper water. I've also done shore freediving out of Little Fisherman's Cove (where the campground is) and Big Fisherman's Cove (where the USC facility is -- you need to let them know you're coming).

The dive shop runs trips to adjacent coves on its boat, the Garibaldi. Don't know what the winter schedule would be like.

For my money, if I were standing on the pier with a bunch of dive gear, I'd rent a kayak or small motorboat and try to get out to Bird Rock or Ship Rock. I did a scuba dive on the wall at Bird Rock last week, and had a great time.

I did do the Two Harbors Clean Up a couple of years ago... but you have to be out there already to make it in time...

Anyway, other than harbor trash, we did see an angel shark.

I'm not sure what goes on with the dive shop in the off season, but I will say that the bar there is called the "Star Wars Bar" in the off season for a reason.

kelpmermaid:
I did do the Two Harbors Clean Up a couple of years ago... but you have to be out there already to make it in time...

Anyway, other than harbor trash, we did see an angel shark.

I'm not sure what goes on with the dive shop in the off season, but I will say that the bar there is called the "Star Wars Bar" in the off season for a reason.

Did I already use the phrase "harbor trash?!"

A more wretched hive of scum and infamy you will not find.

When I was there I lived on my trimaran in Cat harbor and only worked in Isthmus Cove.

Thanks guys. How far is the shop from the main point of entry to the water?

Arnaud:
Thanks guys. How far is the shop from the main point of entry to the water?

It's right at the base of the pier. I am not sure where you would be entering, though...

Back
Top Bottom