Shore Diving August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i thought there were two boats going is frank backing out or is he still on, still working on the pot haven't been to the inlaws yet but will keep you informed.

Frank hasn't gotten back with me but we have Xray's boat and Stasia's friend's boat(nondiver willing to help out!) so we have enough room for the 7 divers signed up so far that need a ride.
Because of sea predictions and expert testimonials of the jettie's diver friendly currents between tides, it sounds like the Ft Pickens Jetties is the best place?

As far as the cookout, we don't really need a propane burner/boiler since we will be at Stasia's house so there is no need to worry about that. Just sign your name and whoever might be with you to Stasia's list for the cookout.:)

i know i am not scared of lightning other people just werent to sure of it when we went to navarre i was just curious because i have tried looking it up and cant find it anywhere even googled it

i know i am not scared of lightning other people just werent to sure of it when we went to navarre i was just curious because i have tried looking it up and cant find it anywhere even googled it

try adding the words "ground" and "potential" to your research. lightning wants to go to ground, and takes the fastest/easiest path. I would doubt you will find a specific answer to the question (like a distance), but those terms may put you a little closer. iirc, there is no set distance on lightning/electrical charges being able to shock you through, say wet or damp ground (via a non-direct hit). i believe the general rule of thumb is that if you can hear the thunder, you are subject to a direct hit, but I can't remember where I picked that one up.

but if you are under water and lightning strikes the water how do you not see alot of fish floating belly up:confused: you cant say metal because i am pretty sure there are alot of fish with hooks still in their mouths

You've heard of telephoning a fish haven't you?....and that's not to warn him you're coming. :wink:

yes but when you zap them it doesn't hurt only paralyzes for a short moment saw it when they were catching snakeheads and that was in a small body of water more water the more spread out and the lesser jolt

yes but when you zap them it doesn't hurt only paralyzes for a short moment

You don't need lightning for that. I'll bring my taz gun with me Saturday.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom