Shore dives setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put all my gear (except tanks & weights) into the hi-tech carrying case pictured below (after removing laundry). I like that I can hose off everything inside the hamper.

My regs, gauges & go-pro clone I carry in an old CD-case which then goes into the hamper. (for the youngsters, "CDs" were how we listened to music back in the stone age).

My weights I carry in one of those bags you get at conferences - they are sturdy bc they are designed to carry books etc. They do wear out, but between my wife & me, I'm set.

My save a dive stuff fills up a backpack. On the occasions I need the backpack, I just empty it out temporarily (easily done, bc everything is in plastic bags).

Similar to other folks, I sometimes clip my fins onto a large carabiner.

I dont assemble my kit until I get to the dive site. The hatchback trunk works as a platform. Your tailgate is even better.

As you can tell, I dont feel the need to buy stuff if I already have stuff that will do the job.

View attachment 652547
Agree with all of that--don't buy anything you don't really need. CDs weren't the stone age. I still occasionally use my WALKMAN--and still have all my reel to reel tapes from before that.....

The biggest part is separating what goes with me in the water from everything else. That makes organization simpler.

Contingency stuff: Three shallow lidded tubs with tool kit, spare reg set, spares. Stay closed and dry.
Land stuff in the backseat: towel, jacket, food, water.
Admin stuff: small open tub with dry notes, glasses, sunscreen, defog.
Small water bottle: under the car to wash key to save car lock from salt.
In water stuff. Everything that goes with me and nothing else:
- Tall tub: suit, fins, gloves
- Tall tub: BC rigged with light, SMB, etc. Inverted serves as a bench to work on BC.
- Small tub with lid: regs, mask, dive comp compass. Soak and cover after dive.
- Shallow wide tub 1: stage tanks before and after dive. Under car during dive
- Shallow wide tub 2: stand in to change in/out of suit
- Small tub and bag: weights
- Tanks: in trunk jammed with weights and small tubs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom