Shore dive pompano dropoff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I am always up for a kayak dive and looking for buddies. My buddy fell in love or something and moved to St. Croix!

I am relatively young (20), in mediocre shape

maybe ill work on my cardio first :p

relatively? ....seriously?

get your young behind in shape and enjoy south Florida properly... let me suggest Cross Fit Militia may be a bit far from Boca, but will get you fired up into getting in shape and your dives will be better than ever. Gear will fit better, currents won't feel as strong and potential problems will dissolve into simple inconveniences.

Report from some night divers on the Copenhagen night last week = Goliaths!
Hmm interesting. When we were on it the other day, the area that is very flat and has good hiding spaces underneath.. I was going over it, minding my own business when I hear a "BOOM!" WTH??? I see a cloud of silt coming out from underneath in a couple directions. Thought either it was a goliath grouper thumping or part of the structure fell.

relatively? ....seriously?

get your young behind in shape and enjoy south Florida properly... let me suggest Cross Fit Militia may be a bit far from Boca, but will get you fired up into getting in shape and your dives will be better than ever. Gear will fit better, currents won't feel as strong and potential problems will dissolve into simple inconveniences.

haha well I'm planning to swim for excercise while i'm down there. Afterall, the college ladies only want six packs! :shakehead:
What the heck is cross fit militia? im thinking a gym/workout program

all I need is some motivation and the ocean

QUESTION:
Do you guys/girls think that diving 2 or 3 times a day would help someone get into shape (shorediving, not charters)
The good thing about swimming for excercise is I can bring my snorkeling equipment, and my stupid waterproof to 10 feet UW camera, and take videos if I see manatees/ other large beauties
:D

I went ahead and got out a nautical chart I had of that area. There are
a lot of guesstimates on distance from shore to this reef or that reef. Not that
most of us would know the difference between a few hundred yards one way or the
other, at least by sight. The drop off from 8th street beach was just a bit under .4 miles.
Using .4 miles as an estimate that would be about 2100 feet and 2100 feet would be
700 yards. The drop off appears to be maybe just a little closer at the 12th
Street beach but still very close to the .4 miles.

Guess I better swim for excercise then! heh :eyebrow:

Dang! That's impressive!!!!!

Should be an easy swim, depending on the day you may have a lot of boats or the place almost to yourself. I imagine you can keep the danger to a minimum by staying away from the surface until very very shallow and holding the reel (or whatever) for the dive flag loosely in case a boat runs over your flag.
There are mooring balls around that area so you should expect some boats to be present, that may actually work to your advantage. If there are moored boats, traffic should be off the reef.
As far as marine life, like all that area there is no telling what could be cruising the day you show up. The more you go, the higher the chances to see that great creature you"ve been waiting for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom