Shocking Risks Taken Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Near Miami on like a 6 lane freeway where everyone was going about 100 miles an hour I saw a couple of cars sideswipe right in front of me. They just kept going. Maybe neither one had insurance. And people think WE take risks. I breathe a big sigh of relief when I am nice and safe underwater:)
This is why I left South Florida.

If you cant execute or willing to perform your planned dive solo, you should not be doing that dive....

If you cant execute or willing to perform your planned dive solo, you should not be doing that dive....
The first post and the title are a joke because it was about DRIVING rather than DIVING but I wrote it to sound like diving, and either way you are so right... today I thumbed a planned Florida drive to an event due to a thunderstorm!

Buddy diving separation is essentially ....solo diving, no?

No ... it's buddy diving separation. Solo diving involves planning and preparing to dive solo. Buddy diving separation is an accident that involves no planning or preparation whatsoever ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm in Southwest FL and regularly drive to the east coast to dive. Everywhere from Jupiter down to KL. I'm always DRIVING solo and frequently DIVING solo. The drive to/from Bonita Springs is always the most dangerous part of those day-trips!

My driving adheres to the buddy system. I drive halfway to FL, and my buddy drives the rest.

I'm in Southwest FL and regularly drive to the east coast to dive. Everywhere from Jupiter down to KL. I'm always DRIVING solo and frequently DIVING solo. The drive to/from Bonita Springs is always the most dangerous part of those day-trips!
Sigh, I will be staying in Southwest Florida for a while soon... is it really necessary to drive to the other coast for good diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom