Ship for sale in Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John A Lewis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There's a typo or it's an unfamiliar currency or some such. Right out of line.

It sounds like it's not finished? After 3 years? There's a follow-up post.
the Yacht 150 000 $ with all description above . it will take two month for finishing the salon , room's linen , towels . 3 week's on dry dock for cleaning and painting . then papers be full ready

Even so, right out of line price-wise

Not if it fails a svrvey, engines are shot and the electronics don't work. It might be overpriced. Boats are money pits. If it's had hll damage, it might be worthless.

Plus an accompanying drop in tourism challenges a healthy ROI.

GJS

Plus an accompanying drop in tourism challenges a healthy ROI.

GJS

That's why I think you'd want to re-position it elsewhere in the world.

I don't think it's out of line at all. It's tough to get a boat built in one place to pass inspection in another place. It used to be that Panama was a haven for Caribbean dive boats. Not any more, Panama passenger vessel rules are almost as stringent as USA or Canada. I know of a Canada built passenger dive boat that does not come close to meeting the rules as a Panamanian flagged boat.

I expect a boat with a Red Sea crew will have at least one blown or flooded engine, the generators are thrashed, and at least one air compressor is hurt. I would expect for your $150,000 investment the 2 months it will take to refit the salon will stretch to 8 or 9. Things happen differently in that part of the world than they do here.

It may be made of wood. That isn't a huge problem as long as it's been well cared for. It's easy to tell, look under the batteries. Fuzzed wood there tells the tale.

This may well be the deal of a lifetime. I think I'd be very cautious.

I'd pass, I'm sure you'll get an e-mail from Nigeria any time now offering some REALLY hot deals!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom