Trip Report A Plethora of Firsts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very little if any. I don't remember the actual comparison to Google's stated rate - which no one gets as all banks make money on this and that, but it was close. I can check when I arrive Tuesday. Google is quoting 19.83 MXN to the USD today. I did finally have to switch to a four-digit pin as that seems to be a growing requirement worldwide.

I checked my bank statement from last December when I visited Cozumel. I think this is right: One day I withdrew the maximum the machine allowed of 7,000MXN and it cost me $339.64 so I got 20.61 MXN to the USD. I can't complain about that.
Not at all! I spoke with two different Schwab representatives, one said there are foreign transaction fees the other said there aren't..I guess I will find out tomorrow 😂
Is Banamex still the best as far as low fees? (It's been 2 1/2 long years since we've been to Coz).

Is Banamex still the best as far as low fees? (It's been 2 1/2 long years since we've been to Coz).
I wouldn't know. I use the HCSB at the end of the block. There might be a difference in fees, but for the couple of times I will use an ATM on a trip, I am not willing to travel far. Do be sure to decline the dynamic conversion it asks you to accept.

FYI - Charles Schwab REFUNDS any transaction fees to your account

DandyDon, do you not get charged transaction fees for pulling out pesos? Charles Schwab used to not charge but it has been a couple years since we used it there and now they are saying they charge to withdrawal anything but US dollars..
On a side note, does anyone recommend a cash exchange with decent exchange rates near Centro?

The best exchange rate is in Elextra, on 11 and just off Melgar - $300 max per day, second best is Banriejo on 30 and 11, orange building - 1500 per month and can do that in one transaction. Passport needed at both.

There is another Electra also - like 2 and 20????? Over in that area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom