Sherwood SR-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Sherwood SR1 just after my OW. I have had mixed luck with it...sometimes it was @#%* and sometimes it worked as it should. Its functionality was primarily based on the quality of the services I got for it. When I was in the Middle East I had to send it back to the States for service, not very convinent, but necessary. As I my dive training is progressing, I will be looking at better equipment and not a Sherwood. It will become a spare/non diving backup.

I agree whole-heartedly with others make sure that you can get repitable service for the product that you do decide to buy. IMO that is more important than the originating price tag.

Good luck...

~Me~

200+ dives on mine - no issues.

200+ dives on mine - no issues.

My issues came only after it was improperly serviced. While I cannot say if that was due to a mishap by the service technician (my gut feeling it is this one), poor engineering design or even a combination of the two, I do know that I lost confidence in it other than just a recreational regulator system.

Thanks for that and thank you for the information. I am quite new to this as I have just completed my OW course. I dont really want to get too carried away with buying scuba gear as its one of those things Im not sure I will have time to do! But I hope to be able to. Most of the other gear appart from regs/BCD I will be able to use for other things(So the things I already own). HOG is not a brand I can get in australia.

I guess I might go back and take another look at the MK11/C300... Just not sure exactly what I will require as everyones opinion is different.

Sure you can! I've sent HOG and Edge regs to Australia. And provided techs and tech divers with the service kits for them. Shipping on a reg to Australia is around $40.00.

Sure you can! I've sent HOG and Edge regs to Australia. And provided techs and tech divers with the service kits for them. Shipping on a reg to Australia is around $40.00.
wanna send me a link? Whowould service them in aus but?

As far as getting a HOG to Australia, any good online dealer will ship it to you. And to get it serviced just requires a box and some postage. I'm a service tech in Illinois, and I'd say next to all the fire departments I do service for, most of my work comes from out of state (especially Florida). And I do see 3 or 4 boxes a month from out of the country. So it's just a matter of finding a reputable shop you can ship it to, and if you have any doubts just ask the manufacturer who they recomend.

---------- Post added January 14th, 2013 at 11:26 PM ----------

I thought there were DIN - Yoke adapters that worked well.

They work but they're uncomfortable, it causes the reg to stick out an additional inch. All but my first reg were DIN and I thought the same thing. After a year of using the addapter I finally switched the valves on my AL 80s to convertable. Now I only have to deal with the adapter on vacations, or I just bring my old regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom