Sherwood Maximus Din Oring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Sherwood Maximus with a din connection. I need the size of the o-ring where the red arrow is pointing. It goes just under the part that gets tightened with the hex wrench. It seals the bottom of the piece to the barrel.

Any ideas?

Din.jpg

best to either get the calipers out and start measuring, or just order a parts kit for it and rebuild since it will have the oring in there. Sorry I don't have any better news, but calipers would be the only way to find out. Most manufacturers don't list the o-ring sizes on the parts kits

I looked at my Sherwood manuals and they don't have a spec for that o-ring. I looked at both Oceanic and Scubapro DIN schematics and both are speced for an -011 o-ring. I would use that as a starting point. I would also recommend a 90 duro because of the high pressure.

Measure the o-ring and then find the size here.

O-ring Sizing Chart

First measure the cross-section of your o-ring, then go to that grouping in the chart.
Then measure the inside diameter to find the o-ring size.

Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added April 10th, 2015 at 11:10 AM ----------

Does anybody have a copy of Sherwood's Technical Bulletin No. 104? That covers the DIN, but my google skills are not doing well.

---------- Post added April 10th, 2015 at 11:19 AM ----------

Ugh. It says part number G904A9, no dimensions.

Yes it would be easier to just measure the oring, but what fun is that?

Back
Top Bottom