atomic comfort swivel hose-to-second-stage-housing oring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrxkyle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i've been searching the internet for about an hour and can't find the oring size for the swivel end of the atomic hoses to the housing. i bought a hose recently but my hosuing had a lon-hose setup with jam nut so i don't have the large oring that goes at the bottom of the regulator body to swivel hose connection, does anyone know what size this oring should be so i don't have to buy a whole rebuild kit just to get the one oring? (the aftermarket hoses seal inside the reg tube, instead of at the exterior base of it like the oem atomics do
all i can find is oring sizes for the din to tank and the hose to first stage

I think EPDM Duro 70 is closer to the kit o-ring, but I could be wrong. Feels softer than 85.

thanks, do you think silicone could be used instead for the application? epdm seems hard to find in small quantities.

Unfortunately, silicone is a poor choice here. That particular oring must not be allowed to extrude. Unlike standard hose connections, there is no capture if the hose loosens. The comfort swivel must be snugged down tight, and stay that way. Scubagaskets choice, though likely not mfr spec, is reasonable in this regard because a stiff oring will resist extruding through a hairline gap. Silicone will not, and has poor tear resistance.
DM me your address and I'll send you a few Comfort Swivel service kits. They're lying all over the place because they come with the service kit, but don't get used on reg sets with standard hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom