SHERWOOD EQUIPMENT BOUGHT USED... What did I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GRAPE APE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Newly certified diver here - and my first ScubaBoard Post!

I used craigslist and bought a bunch of equipment for what I think is a fair price. I am now the owner of some Sherwood Products and am trying to determine their age and original retail value, and possibly their used value to see if I hosed myself or got a steal. Plus it would help me to research them more to see if there are any issues/recalls etc. ANY INSIGHT OR HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Bought a Sherwood Outback BCD - the integrated weights are velcro attached (so assume this help dates it) - 8 D rings, pony bottle straps, wing/bladder, front pocket pouch - single tank set-up with double tank strap. How can I tell the year/model? Original Price? Used Value?

With it came a regulator gauge combo:

Maximus SRB5600 2nd stage and the Octo appear to be a Minimus. 1st stage has 2 High pressure ports, and 5 low/mid? pressure ports. Minimus has a "pass through" hose so that the Octo is connected to the BCD inflator. How can I tell the year? Original Price? Used Value?

3 Gauge - Looks like Compact Navigation Console - How can I tell the year? Original Price? Used Value?

Any information and links to original product instructional material would be fantastic. Don't worry - will get all inspected before I start to use. Have a borrowed set until then.

For curiosity I spent $300 - plus got an old farmer john 7MM wetsuit, 2 knives, weights, 5 weight belts, 2 old tanks (one is a '79 and othe is originally an '88 - both last hydroed in 99 - any thoughts on their life expectancy would be helpful too, and old Dacor 400 Olympic Regulator and octo, Mares fins (Piana Avanti Quattro Open heel) that I found online new for $129, storm whistle, clips, latches, light needing a part etc.

So i think it is a good deal but would love more info on the Sherwood products referenced.

Pics would be much more helpful.

Unknown.... My guess is it has been a few years. I'm not planning on using the regs until I get them serviced.

Scrapped the tanks at a local scrap yard - $0.45 per pound - two tanks was 60 pounds - got $27 back.

The Sherwood Outback BCD had a stamp on the back of the back plate I just noticed. Circle with 1-12 and an arrow pointing to one ofthe numbers plus 9 and 4 on both sides of the arrow - have to assume this means the BCD was made in 94.... Would a Sherwood Outback be 16 years old? If it is does that cause any experienced divers to be alarmed? I want to be safe - though it looks like its in great condition.

Got an old Princeton Tec Shockwave (not LED) light in the package too - just called them and am shipping it back for repair or replacement - my fingers are crossed for replacement - quite excited since that is at least a $90 value.

Sorry for all the questions - anyone know how the classifeds section works on ScubaBoard - f i can move some of the gear I am wondering how most people go about payment - do they ship first and hope the seller is honest and sends cash? Pretty basic question but I have no clue.

Wow - three posts in a row... is there a Sherwood Scuba rep that watches this forum... would love to get some insight into the value of the gear so I can change the story to my wife from "sorry I spent our money" to "look how much I saved and what a deal I got". Fingers crossed.

Sherwood is here but not for determining the value of used equipment. The market determines the value not the manufacturer. If you have product questions you can contact an authorized dealer or download information from the web site. Please be sure to have your life support equipment inspected/serviced before using it. Safe diving, Team Sherwood.

Sherwood Rep - Understood - thank you for the reply. Any chance you can help date it though? I understand pictures would be more helpful but I don't have them with me (at work) but from the other info - can you provide me date ranges of the gear.

Such as when was the SRB5600 maximus sold/produced?
3 Gauge Sherwood Console - is there an identifier I could use to determine age/model etc?
Octo - with pass through hose to BCD - might be a Minimus - looks similar - any way to tell model/age?

With that info I want to try to locate original manuals and check for recalls. I believe there was a recall on the SRB5600. would my serial number be registered with Sherwood to know if it was fixed as part of recall? Would my LDS (Sherwood dealer) be able to tell during an inspection?

Any info at all you can provide would be very much appreciated.

LDS can help with all of your concerns and questions. Call them before you come in and tell them the information you need as you may need to meet with their tech. The LDS will determine model, manufacture date, manuals, recalls etc.

Back
Top Bottom