Shearwater Tern and Tern TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Battery life update: I’ve had the Tern for a few months now, but no serious dives.

I did two dives today with the Tern TX - first dive was 54 minutes and the second was 42 mins. I then wore it as a watch for the rest of the day, and at the end of the day battery was at 90% charged.

Attachments

• IMG_9162.jpeg
    IMG_9162.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 51
I did another 50 minute dive on the same charge and wore the Tern TX while snorkeling and as my primary watch over the last few days. 3 dives over 4.5 days, multiple time checks throughout each day, and the battery is down to 70%.

Attachments

• IMG_9217.jpeg
    IMG_9217.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 49
Nope. That design has the single failure point earlier referenced. It relies on the strap pin. One sihts the bed and the computer falls off the wrist. Bye-bye.

The only solution is a single band that goes through both pins, like a NATO strap.
1719250865469.png

No single point of failure? Is that a plastic QR buckle I see holding the strap ends together?

I've been using Perdix straps for three years now on my Terics. I've only had one buckle fail, and it still worked (just one of the snaps broke).

I'm actually interested in getting an orange strap the next time I order from someone that has these in stock.

I've been using Perdix straps for three years now on my Terics. I've only had one buckle fail, and it still worked (just one of the snaps broke).

I'm actually interested in getting an orange strap the next time I order from someone that has these in stock.

Now, if you find any place that has the same thing in black, let me know. :)

I used the Countycomm Nitrox 17 strap, I switched to Perdix bands because they are flexible and the QD buckle is easier to use than the little watch straps.

I thought you were saying you wanted a Nitrox 17 strap in orange. You're saying you want an orange elastic band for the Perdix QR buckles. Interesting. I am okay with those type of straps on my Petrel, buckle there are two of them. One buckle can break (or not be fastened securely) and I won't lose it. I don't want one on my Teric.

I lost one of my Nitrox 17 straps (in black) on Saturday, when my Teric fell over the side of the boat as we were motoring to the dive site. AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!! Totally my fault. No chance whatsoever of finding it. I wasn't even sure it was gone for a few minutes.

I have ordered a new Teric, but I can't find a black 22 mm 17" NATO strap anywhere.

You're saying you want an orange elastic band for the Perdix QR buckles. Interesting. I am okay with those type of straps on my Petrel, buckle there are two of them. One buckle can break (or not be fastened securely) and I won't lose it. I don't want one on my Teric.

Pretty much. I used my first set of Perdix straps for three years before I had a minor failure (one of the prongs broke, it still worked).

But I'm not as concerned about it being primarily a cave diver, I will just borrow a computer and go back and find it.

Back
Top Bottom