Shearwater Cloud problems? Samsung Tab S6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone had any issues with SW Cloud on Samsung Tab S6 tablet?

Samsung rolled out an update a week or so back. I was trying to go in and update computer firmware prior to Roatan trip this coming week.

Launching SW Coud, I get the SW logo and then the logo fades and I just get the blank blue screen Then after a few minutes, it stops and drops me back to the tablet's select-an-app screen. Repeats that in an endless loop.

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, cold boot, nothing.

Any thoughts or observations? I don't want to take a laptop to RTB with me. Phone is a PITA to try and add any info the entries like dive site or anything else. Short of going to Costco to buy a new tablet?

Do you know somebody with an iPhone or a Mac so you can at least update the firmware before you go?

No to mac environment. I used the android phone to update computers so that got taken care of.

But inputting any log data, if I'm doing 5 dives a day, that's kind of hard on the tiny phone screen.

Attempting a factory reset on the tablet. Only apps I really need on it is the Shearwater app and maybe Tidal for music. We'll see if this works. The tablet is not the world's fastest platform.

OK - did the factory update. dumped all of the other apps and any data on the device, but OK -

I am able to get back into the SW cloud on it. Just have to re-add the computers to download...

Thanks though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom