• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Love me some Shearwater...but Cloud sucks

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by sea_ledford, May 31, 2019.

1. sea_ledford

sea_ledford Captain

# of Dives:
    So, most recent problem with Shearwater cloud:
    Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 1.27.59 PM.png
    I clicked the fullscreen button, and now I can't get it back to non-full screen. Closed and restarted the application, restarted my computer, it always opens to full screen and blocks every other window.

Changing the layout options does nothing to the black bars top and bottom. Mousing to the top of the screen doesn't bring down the minimize options. Escape does nothing. Disabling my multiple monitor set up and just using the laptop screen does nothing (except make the font even smaller).

And even though it takes up the entirety of my monitor, it is still light grey 4 point font on a medium grey background and is almost unreadable.

Running version 2.4.1 on macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Prior to me clicking the full screen option, it opened in a little tiny window that wouldn't scroll, so I couldn't get to the "connect" button on the bluetooth tab. I had to drag the window larger to get to the buttons.

I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall? Or maybe give up on it and install macdive?

Can I load my shearwater database straight into Macdive?

Can we just go back to the old Desktop format? It was SO much better.

On the plus side, I really like my Teric!

-Chris

MargaritaMike likes this.
  2. MargaritaMike

MargaritaMike Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I don't like cloud either. Can we go back to the old Desktop version, maybe with a FEW of the cloud s/w features?

Cheers -

3. Shearwater Cloud

Shearwater Cloud Angel Fish

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with Shearwater Cloud. We are committed to improving the experience of the application.

Could you please try moving your mouse up to the top-left of the screen when the app is in fullscreen mode? That should expose the button to restore the app into windowed mode. We will look into fixing this.

4. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I much prefer MacDive. I only use Cloud for firmware updates.

5. MargaritaMike

MargaritaMike Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    What us folks who prefer to use Mr. Gates' software rather than Mr. Jobs' software?

(Isn't it interesting how both names end in "s"). I might should change my last name to end in "s". That way I can be worth millions, too. :)

Cheers -

6. Manatee Diver

Manatee Diver Manta Ray

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    Subsurface? :idk:

BenjaminF, EdC and seaseadee like this.
  7. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Guess you have to do some research, eh?

8. sea_ledford

sea_ledford Captain

# of Dives:
    Pretty sure I tried that, but I'll attempt again when I get back to work on Monday.

Interestingly, when I installed Cloud on my imac at home (MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 as well), it expands to full screen and when I mouse anywhere to the top, the expected information bar and buttons drop down. It also doesn't have the huge black areas on top and bottom.

Maybe this is a problem with using multiple monitors? I did try with all external monitors disconnected. Something specific with Mac Pros?

9. sea_ledford

sea_ledford Captain

# of Dives:
    Just confirming mouse in the top left does nothing.

10. Shearwater Cloud

Shearwater Cloud Angel Fish

Thanks sea_ledford. I'm sorry to hear about that. It definitely sounds like an issue with multiple monitors. We'll look at the issue on our side and see if we can come up with a fix for our next update.