Shearwater AI Tansmitter Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ummm.... I think the question was about the transmitter battery, not the computer battery...?

im referring to transmitter battery

the battery gauge can also test CR2 batteries

but you did bring to my attention that when I changed the perdix computer, I retained the original transmitter

ill reflect this in my post above

I dive an 11 year old Oceanic VT3 and a two year old Teric off the same Oceanic/PPS transmitter. I get about 225 dives/240 hours in a little over a year from my VT3 battery. I change the VT3 battery as soon as the low battery icon comes up and change the transmitter battery at the same time. I have never gotten a low transmitter message from my VT3 or Teric. I could probably eek out some more time from the transmitter battery, but, my routine serves me well. Oceanic and Shearwater say the transmitter battery is good for 300 dive hours, at 2 one hour dives/day

Deleted

Have two different colour transmitters, one for O2, one for diluent.

The Shearwater (in this case a Nerd) warns you when a battery need changing. These are CR123s which I keep some spare SAFT branded ones in my spares kit.

Change with a coin, lightly grease the O-ring.

Easy peasy.

Batteries last long enough.

So... by "Ultra Lithium" you meant "Duracell Ultra"?

Apparently since purchasing it, they've reverted back to the regular.
I thought the link I sent, which I got from my purchase history, would show the item I actually purchased.

This is what I got:
upload_2021-5-7_18-12-9.png

Do you guys worry about the batteries in the transmitter leaking? I know with the AA ones in the computer itself I remove and replace every two months to avoid leakage. But I don't remember reading that anywhere about the transmitter? I haven't changed the battery in mine since I bought it.

I'm assuming this is because of the battery tech (Alkaline vs Lithium?).

Do you guys worry about the batteries in the transmitter leaking? I know with the AA ones in the computer itself I remove and replace every two months to avoid leakage. But I don't remember reading that anywhere about the transmitter? I haven't changed the battery in mine since I bought it.

I'm assuming this is because of the battery tech (Alkaline vs Lithium?).

I hope you’re using Energizer Ultimate (lirhium) in your Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom