Shearwater AI Tansmitter Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure I've gotten at least 100 hours of diving out of mine, minimum. Changing once a year seems reasonable, once a month seems pretty aggressive.

Shearwater Perdix does not check the transmitter battery. Again, as cheap as CR2 batteries are change it once a month or before every dive trip.
Just my $.02

Section 8.1/page 18 of the Perdix AI manual says that it will throw a warning when the transmitter battery gets too low. Haven’t had mine long enough to confirm

Section 8.1/page 18 of the Perdix AI manual says that it will throw a warning when the transmitter battery gets too low. Haven’t had mine long enough to confirm

Thanks, good to know. My VT3 will not last forever, Perdix AI is currently leading contender for replacement

p14:
upload_2017-12-19_15-4-8.png

p18:
upload_2017-12-19_15-4-52.png

You have less than a dive before it completely dies.

You have less than a dive before it completely dies.
This is a sarcastic statement, I presume, trying to be cute. It is not what the manual says.

This is a sarcastic statement, I presume, trying to be cute. It is not what the manual says.

By no means is this meant to be sarcastic, once the warning goes on I have less than the remainder of the dive. This has been my experience twice. Just sharing it.

The transmitter is like many others use for thier computers. I once used up a battery in a couple of days because the reg was on the tank. the reg built up pressure (after venting from the bcd filler or the secondary reg,,,enough to activate the xmitter. So the moral is that they both do not run out the same time. If you have a regulator on your tank that has gas applied once and with out removing the regulator from the post or putting the reg cap on once then there is enough residual psi to keep the xmitter xmitting. When did i change it??? when it started to act weird like loss signal to many times. I got tired of it and now only use a SPG.

I have a very good experience with the PPS transmitter. I would replace the battery soon after the yellow warning appeared and not wait for the red warning.

By no means is this meant to be sarcastic, once the warning goes on I have less than the remainder of the dive. This has been my experience twice. Just sharing it.
Which warning? There are two....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom