Shearwater AI Tansmitter Battery Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowflyer

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone decided when or how often to change the battery in the Shearwater transmitter? As far as I can tell, there is no indication on the computer with regard to the charge remaining in the transmitter battery. It will indicate when it gets "low".

Apparently, the battery is good for 300 hrs. But I was thinking maybe I should change it when I change the computer battery. What are people doing?

My transmitter is also read by my OC1, which does tell me if the battery is OK.

Has anyone decided when or how often to change the battery in the Shearwater transmitter? As far as I can tell, there is no indication on the computer with regard to the charge remaining in the transmitter battery. It will indicate when it gets "low".

Apparently, the battery is good for 300 hrs. But I was thinking maybe I should change it when I change the computer battery. What are people doing?
When it tells me it is "low" is when I change it.

My DG03 reads it. It's "rated" at 300 hrs so my plan is to change it when it has about 200 hrs. CR2 batteries are CHEAP! Since I am averaging about 150 hrs per year doing vacation diving, I'll probably change it every January 31st.
Cheers - MM

I have an SPG. Not a big deal.

I figure I've wasted money on AI if I'm going to have an SPG on my recreational dives. Just my opinion, but that's why I want to make sure my transmitter battery is up to snuff.

I dive a 7 1/2 year old Oceanic VT3. I generally change the transmitter battery whenever I change the computer battery. The computer battery status is displayed on the main surface screen. I change it soon after the low battery icon is displayed. Both batteries are said to be good for 1 year/300 dives. I've generally been getting about 200 dives per battery on the computer for the last several years. My transmitter battery has never gone out with this strategy. However, I can also check the transmitter battery status whenever I want to, and do occasionally. Does Shearwater not have this capability?
upload_2017-12-19_12-1-54.png

upload_2017-12-19_11-49-1.png
upload_2017-12-19_11-57-3.png

Does Shearwater not have this capability?
Shearwater Perdix does not check the transmitter battery. Again, as cheap as CR2 batteries are change it once a month or before every dive trip.
Just my $.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom