Shears sheath idea. any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offroaddiver

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just finished my first DIY shears sheath. I used 18'' of 2'' webbing from the local hiking store and floded it twice. Looks very similar to the DIR knife sheath. I am experimenting with ways to keep the shears in the sheath. I bouht some 3/4'' velcro and attached a length just about the mouth of the sheath of the loop and wrapped some on the fingers hole on the shears. It seems like it will keep the shears inside but not as securely as a piece through one of the holes and either snap or velcro back on the sheath. I'll try it out this saturday. I'm planning to either loop it on belt or on a shoulder strap on my BP/W.

If anyone has experience in same idea please give me some feedback.

I got some vinyl tubing I think it is 1/2 inside diameter. Burned a tie hole through one end and and tied it to an accessory ring then just pushed the cutting end of the shears into the open end of tubing. Holds them well, keeps them closed and it's just a yank to have them in hand to use.

Pete

burn holes in the sheath with a red hot hanger around the perimeter. Use the holes to tightly lace the sheath so that it holds the tool. I've used stainless steel safety wire for these types of applications.

Good Idea i'll try it if I have problems with the other way I've got it setup.

Back
Top Bottom