Sharm el Sheikh - latest news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseadiver:
Shadow,
Next time u'll be diving in Sharm or Dahab, let me know .. maybe I'm around. Most of the times i'm diving with my crazy buddies; Ewout(The dutchman), and Vladimer(The Outlaw), and ocasionally with some other buddies :wink:

Mania,
You better make it soon, Al-Masreyein restaurant is waiting to bring in ur main course, Kabab & Kofta :)

RSD,
I'm diving Sharm on April 22, 23, and 24 ISA. The plan was changed to three daily boats instead of a liveaboard. Will you be there?

whoops, Friday 23rd I'm flying to Cairo to attend the bachelor party of our friend Haridi whose wedding is on Saturday 24th. That also means on Thursday 22nd I can't dive :( .. what a luck !!
BUT, we can meet anyway, a drink and a shisha would be great, where r u staying?

DATES CORRECTION:
Sat 22nd .. no dive
Sun 23rd .. flying to Cairo
Mon 24th .. wedding party

Dahab is great diving but with the deeper dives, esspecially the blue hole be very aware of down currents and very strong currents on the outside of the hole. I did the dive a few days ago and it was fine but it can change very quickly.

shark63:
Dahab is great diving but with the deeper dives, esspecially the blue hole be very aware of down currents and very strong currents on the outside of the hole. I did the dive a few days ago and it was fine but it can change very quickly.

You're right. Dahab is for deep diving.
There're some tricks to do in Dahab. You can dive the left side of the bells but be aware, there's a shelter there that permits downward currents so you can't do this in all conditions. Also logistic could be a chaos. Arrange for a camel to wait you and collect your gear. It is a wonderful dive I did it several days ago but beware, you're drifting against current.

redseadiver:
whoops, Friday 23rd I'm flying to Cairo to attend the bachelor party of our friend Haridi whose wedding is on Saturday 24th. That also means on Thursday 22nd I can't dive :( .. what a luck !!
BUT, we can meet anyway, a drink and a shisha would be great, where r u staying?

In Cairo I'm staying in Haram. In Sharm I didn't decide yet. Will call you once in Sharm to have a shisha together :)

Some sad news. Today morning there was a car accident - a bus with Polish tourists on the way from Sharm to Cairo crashed with a truck. One Polish lady is dead, 3 severly injured.

Mania

I have been told that Dahab is THE PLACE to go in the read sea. Excellent in any direction along the coast and pleanty of nice people.

Back
Top Bottom