Shark Breach Seen Off Jensen Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaliber35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I saw it once from my 5th fllor balcony and once while in the surf about chest high. The second one was roughly 75 yards out from where I was (chest high). It was amazing to see. I had my camera, but was not quick enough. My guesstimation on size puts it at about 6ft. His entire head (to behind his gills) came out of the water. His mouth was open and then he made a splash onto his side. A few of the adults got all the children out of the water. I wanted to paddle out on my board to try and get video of it, but decided not to look like a meal and just went in.

I didnt know sharks breached off Fl coast. The tiki bar guy said he has seen it several times over the last few years.

It is even more exciting when the spinner sharks are jumping 100 yards or closer when you are in the lineup on a surfboard!

It is the ocean after all, right? About six months ago there were literally hundreds of spinners jumping- 8-10 per second! Ive been shore diving/ snorkeling the Treasure Coast since I was a kid and haven't seen anything other then nurse sharks... Offshore is another story- bullsharks have been known to follow spearos to the surface from time to time.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom